What is the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced PA to support an efficient and effective secretarial and administrative service to the Director of Legal and Risk, while supporting the Finance, HR, and IT Director within the Shared Services division at Southampton Football Club.
Your previous experience as a PA will assist with this varied role which will include recording meetings, organising and arranging internal and external meetings and arranging departmental travel, accommodation and meeting rooms as required. You will also provide general administrative support to each of the Directors within the division and the Legal and Risk department.
You will also assist with the organisation of off-site meetings and team building days, using your creativity skills to plan a day that will suit all in the relevant department. Within the role, you will also assist with the production of a variety of documents and materials, which could include board materials, PowerPoint presentations, communications, legal documents and other correspondence as required.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an extremely motivated individual who has experience in providing PA or secretarial services at a Senior Management or Director level. You will have strong administration skills and be confident taking meeting minutes ensuring that your attention to detail and communication is excellent.
You will be flexible as your role will need to adapt to the busy role of the Directors, while ensuring your diary management skills are strong to accurately reflect each day. You will be an individual who will be able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure in some instances.
A key part of your role will be the ability to be discreet and handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
The competencies which are required include:
• Experience in providing Personal Assistant or Secretarial services at a Senior Management or Director level.
• Experience within a professional services environment.
• Experience in Event Management.
Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
• GCSE B or above in English Language and Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
• NVQ in Business Administration.
Desirable Qualifications (including certifications):
• Degree in a related subject.
• A good standard of secretarial and administrative skills.
• Exceptional organisation and diary management skills.
• Confident taking meeting minutes.
• PC literate, a high standard of expertise in all Microsoft packages.
• Attention to detail in all communication, both verbal and written.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Self motivated and proactive in approach to work.
• Can maintain a professional attitude at all times.
• Flexible and adaptable to the needs to of the business.
• Can work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Ability to be discreet and handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
• A competitive salary depending on experience.
• Two Season Tickets.
• 24 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
• Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Worldwide Travel Insurance.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
The closing date for applications is 11 March 2018.