BMI Healthcare is the UK’s largest provider of independent healthcare. With a network of hospitals across the country, our aim is to attract the best nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals in addition to employing outstanding non-clinical and support staff who underpin everything we do. Being part of the wider BMI Healthcare group also offers the prospect for great career progression with opportunities throughout the UK.
BMI Healthcare’s Lancaster Hospital is a fantastic place to work. Located on the outskirts of Lancaster town centre, BMI Lancaster Hospital is a 25 bed private hospital offering a range of inpatient, outpatient and day case specialties including orthopaedic, general surgery, cosmetic surgery and urology. Our commitment is to quality and value, providing facilities for advanced surgical procedures together with friendly, professional care. We are proud of our warm and friendly family atmosphere with everyone working together to deliver exceptional patient outcomes and over 98% of patients would recommend the hospital to family and friends.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and committed Executive Assistant to join our team of staff in the Buisness Administration department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Bank staff are highly valued members of our team and provide support to our contracted staff during busy periods, times of annual leave or absence. Working on the bank on an “as and when required” basis gives flexibility over the hours you work enabling you to balance other existing employment or family commitments, as well as providing an excellent opportunity to learn new skills and work with great people.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- A working and up to date knowledge of IT systems (to include Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Secretarial/organisational skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Excellent time management skills
- Competent in filing and archiving documents
- Previous EA/PA experience of working at a senior level
- Experience of taking minutes
- Ability to work with competing demands
Duties of this role include:
- Provide a confidential and professional administrative service to the Hospital Senior Management Team and assist in the smooth and efficient running of the hospital
- Support to the Hospital Senior Management Team to include but not limited to: diary management; point of contact for internal and external calls and accurate relay of associated messages; screen calls and visitors as appropriate; management of correspondence and e-mails; co-ordination of electronic diary; raising timely action points; preparing well presented data reports, Powerpoint presentations and other documentation
- Management of meeting documentation relative to the Senior Management Team (SMT) to include: timely issue of agenda and associated documentation; attending meetings to produce minutes and circulate as appropriate to the meeting. Meetings include Medical Advisory Committee, governance, operational and financial meetings
- Support the SMT in the management of @work by completing Scheduler or Scheduler plus responsibilities as appropriate
- Ensure a good working relationship with all departments in the hospital and with other key stakeholders
- Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers
- Ensure the effective maintenance of consultant practising privilege documentation in line with BMI Practising Privileges Policy including full and accurate maintenance of the consultant database
- Liaise with consultants ahead of expiration of required documents required to retain practicing privileges
- Ensure the Executive Director is made aware of the expiration of any documents required to maintain practicing privileges including but not limited to professional indemnity cover and DBS.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a very competitive hourly rate. Benefits for bank staff also include Accrued Holiday Pay, Nest Pension Scheme, Discounted Gym Membership and many more exclusive discounts and incentives via our “Perks at Work” scheme – we also have free parking at most of our hospitals.
We are also committed to providing ongoing training and development to our staff via our dedicated in-house BMI Academy which offers one of the most comprehensive packages of training courses available in the private sector.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'