Our client is a industry leading motor parts and accessory supplier. They are based from a modern purpose built HQ that offers a dynamic and vibrant working environment. They have experienced continued growth year on year and are keen to progress further to cement their position as the largest player in Europe.
Opportunity for an experienced accounts assistant/book-keeper to join a fast paced business in their finance department. Reporting to the accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for all purchase ledger and sales ledger operations. Interested candidates must be confident, self-motivated and professional in approach with an eye for detail
- Primarily responsible for purchase ledger function;
o Coding and inputting of invoices and credits and obtaining appropriate authorisation,
o Supplier statement reconciliations,
o Generation of supplier payment runs and sending of mittance advice,
o Multi-currency payment entry onto bank and allocation to supplier accounts,
o General upkeep of Purchase ledger and resolution of any queries.
- Sales ledger;
o Credit control / debt collection - proactive approach to debtors with monitoring and chasing of aged debt over the telephone,
o Bank receipt allocation, banking of incoming cheques and cash allocation,
o Assisting with customer queries and passing to relevant department as and where necessary,
o Maintain and update customer information,
o Credit limit review,
o Monthly statement distribution,
o Generating any customer credit notes.
- Entry of Ford invoices onto a bespoke Ford Central Billing system and reconciliation of the account to ensure all invoices are entered on to the system. Reconciliation and allocation of monthly Ford receipts onto ledger.
- Control and reconciliation of Nissan and SsangYong accounts along with other key supplier invoicing arrangements.
- Other accounting duties as and when necessary.
- Passion for accounts with a keen eye for attention to detail
- Must have a logical mind / working process
- Must be "questioning"
- Be a strong, cooperative and outgoing member of the "A" team
- Must be self-motivated and organised to be able to complete the job tasks and manage them simultaneously
- Polite and confident telephone manner, ideally experienced, in chasing aged debt
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job