My client is an established successful Specialist Mortgage Lender who are looking for a Technical Support Underwriter to join their mortgages team which has recently been awarded several high profile industry awards and voted within the Top 10 of the Sunday Times 100 best companies to work for in 2016 and 2017.
Due to extensive growth they are looking for an ideal candidate who will have held/hold a lending mandate and has experience within mortgage underwriting.
The client is offering an attractive competitive salary package of up to £28,228p.a. (Depending On Experience)
Part-time hours will also be considered with a pro-rata salary of the above salary.
- Responsible for daily processing of all mortgage applications – and using your advanced technical knowledge and expertise to resolve and issues.
- Responsible for completing and looking at analysing complaints.
- Being involved in the design and implementation of new product(s) and policy(s).
- Looked upon by colleagues as an expert and having direct responsibility for ensuring a first class service.
- Liaising with various individuals including solicitors.
To apply for this position you must have mortgage industry experience and ideally be an experienced underwriter who is looking for senior role.
Key experience required:
- Experienced underwriter with a lending mandate and mortgage underwriting experience
- Understanding and knowledge of Call-centre Operations
- A clear understanding of mortgage underwriting and the post offer legal requirements
- Ability and experience of being able to mentor and develop team members
- Previous or current experience working in a financial services and or risk based environment
- A clear understanding of the Mortgage Regulatory framework
- excellent oral and written communication skills with a professional manner who can display tact, diplomacy and resilience.
- Minimum of GCSE (Grade A – C) Maths and English
Apply on-line or if you would like more information on this role, or any role within the mortgage market please contact Mithun Bhagwan on 0333 2408 550 or e-mail Mithun.email@example.com attaching your updated CV.
REED Mortgages - The UK's leading specialist recruiter in Mortgage Advice, Support, Underwriting, Compliance and BDM roles.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business