My client is an Oxford-based MSP looking to expand their technical team and are recruiting for the role of Technical Support Engineer, operating out of their Botley-based offices. The successful applicant's primary responsibility will be the day-to-day upkeep (and continual improvement) of our client's workstations and servers. As a core member of a growing team you will also work closely alongside the Technical Support Manager to help maintain and improve the support services.
This interesting and varied role will involve the following key responsibilities:
- Perform 1st, 2nd and occasional 3rd line duties.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues remotely and in person (where required).
- Communicate with our clients verbally (via telephone) and written (via emails/tickets).
- Maintain client expectations: provide regular updates on ticket statuses and outline expected response times.
- Monitor and maintain the support email queue.
- Create and update internal and client-facing documentation.
- Improve on existing processes and scripts (RMM-based, Shell, PowerShell)
- Perform daily reviews of backup statuses and other system-critical functions.
The perfect candidate will have the following skills, qualities and experience:
- Use of your own car. (Desirable)
- 2 or more years of experience on current Windows operating systems (Windows 7 and above, Server 2008 R2 and above).
- A high demonstratable standard of written and verbal communication.
- Experience with support of mobile devices (Apple/Android).
- Ability to prioritise workload in a dynamically changing environment and be able to adjust your tasks to this accordingly.
- Ability to remain calm and think clearly under pressure.
- Excellent time keeping and attention to detail.
- Eagerness to build on existing infrastructure - if improvements can be made and are justified, make them.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (email)
- A proactive problem solver who isn't afraid to voice their ideas
The following experience would also be favourable:
- Completed, or progressing towards, a Microsoft Certification path (MCSE, MCSA etc).
- Experience working with network devices (firewalls, switches, UPS etc).
- Experience with visiting clients in person.
- Experience with Windows Shell and PowerShell (v3 and newer).
- Experience with an RMM system (Continuum, ConnectWise Automate, Kaseya etc).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'