We have an opportunity for a Examinations Assistant to join the team based at our Chichester campus. You will work on a part time, permanent basis (working 22.5 hours per week) and you will receive a competitive salary pro rata of £17,300 - £17,822 per annum (i.e. £10,520.27 - £10,837.70).
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
As our Examinations Assistant you will work within the guidelines of several examining boards and their varied rules and regulations. You will work efficiently and have a good eye for detail, and will deal with a variety of customers including members of staff, students and outside organisations.
Our Examinations Assistant duties and key responsibilities:
- Assist College staff in all aspects of the examination boards entry/registration procedures
- Confidently deal with student queries and any questions relating to their qualifications
- Deal with a wide range of staff and students
- Keep abreast of changing rules and regulations and to communicate these changes to staff
- Manage and reply promptly to emails, written correspondence and verbal communication
- Schedule on-demand/on-line test requests
- Help maintain a computerised timetable, which is fed out to the wider College
- To be responsible for the collection and receipting of specified exam fees from candidates
- Liaise with the Exams Support Administrator regarding students who need extra exam support
- Liaise with external examination boards regarding queries
Skills & Experience required of our Examinations Assistant:
- GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English
- Administrative experience, including data entry
- Dealing with the public in a customer service environment
- Day to day office procedures
- Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
- IT and Keyboard Skills, including the use of email
- Flexible approach to work
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more.
Closing date: 19 April 2018
Interview date: 4 May 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Examinations Assistant, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job