Post: Exams Officer, Part Time l5hours per week, Fixed Term until 31st July 2019
Responsible to: CIS Manager
Purpose: To supervise and officiate as well as provide administration support to staff and college
management in relation to the college's exams function.
- Exam concessions and exam entries.
- To liaise with all Curriculum Leaders regarding submission of examination entries and to submit entries to awarding bodies in advance of deadlines.
- To work closely with the Additional Learning Support (ALS) function to ensure that applications to examination boards are made for all Learners who are entitled to have access arrangements. Ensure that all relevant documentation is maintained and accessible in anticipation of an inspection. (ALS will identify the students and process the applications, updating the Learner records accordingly.)
- Lead all examinations and ensure a successful process takes place.
- Possess and maintain all knowledge of, and compliance with, examination entry requirements, access arrangements criteria, necessary policies, procedures, rules and regulations laid down by the different examination bodies.
- To ensure all examination material, (papers, CDs, stationery, etc.), are received safely and manage the security of these. Ensure that completed papers are despatched appropriately and without delay.
- Manage compliant examination invigilation.
- To resolve examination clashes in compliance with regulations.
- To make appropriate timetabling and room arrangements for exams; organising the examination rooms in accordance with compliance requirements. Including (but not limited to) ensuring that all required materials are available for the start of the examinations and that access arrangements for eligible candidates are in place.
- To collect and despatch worked scripts compliantly.
- To arrange external examinations for non-curriculum subjects.
- All logistical and administrative tasks for internal examinations/controlled assessments.
- To ensure that all examinations start and finish appropriately in line with examination board regulations, including the conduct of any on-line examinations.
- The administration of the results of examinations.
- To attend on the days when results are notified and to oversee the distribution of results to candidates.
- To receive examination results and certificates and to make arrangements for their issue.
- To process Enquiries About Results and requests for the return of scripts and to deal with issues relating to appeals, clerical re-checks, re-marking and other administrative issues, such as Learners who miss examinations through illness or require special consideration.
- To attend and produce the post examination documentation for the Senior Management Team (SMT) in a timely fashion
- To deal with enquiries from parents / carers and students, including former students.
- To work in liaison with the nominated members of the SMT and CIS Manager to provide information related to public (and if required, internal) examinations in a format which is easily accessible so that effective examination analysis can take place immediately after results have been received and processed.
- To provide statistics on examination entries and results for the Principal, SMT, Governors and all external agencies etc.
- To check examination statistics before publication.
- To provide the CIS Manager with a summary of examination results to facilitate analysis so this can be presented to SMT and whole school staff within strict deadlines.
- To ensure expenditure remains within budget and no omissions, failures or mistakes lead to increased expenditure.
To ensure that the cost of retakes etc. are reimbursed by the candidates / subject areas as appropriate.
To co-ordinate and line manage the team of invigilators, including training, deployment and assisting with the recruitment of invigilation staff
To brief candidates on examination regulations and to produce written guidelines for staff and students.
To ensure that all pupils are given all the necessary and relevant information about examination entries, including the dates and times of the examinations, conduct during the examinations and the collection of results and certificates, and that this information is given in good time.
To use different media formats to facilitate effective communication of examination information (including paper copies / use of the website & digital signage etc.)
To deputise for the CIS Manager as appropriate.
Any other reasonable duties as requested by Line-Manager and SMT members.
- To support the College's mission, values and strategic objectives.
- To implement the College's equal opportunities policies and to actively challenge discrimination on grounds of a protected characteristic status in the College.
- To participate and contribute to staff development.
- To implement the College's Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies and practices.
- To implement the College's commitment to continuous improvement and its quality assurance process.
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge of current developments in relevant fields of education.
- To be committed to equality, diversity and safeguarding practice with young people and vulnerable adults.
Note: This job description allocates key duties and responsibilities but does not direct the particular amount
of time to be spent on carrying them out and no part of it may be so construed. The job description is not
necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post and is subject to review following consultation.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'