We are looking to increase our bank of Exam Invigilators at Harris Academy Purley.
Harris Academy Purley is an oversubscribed 11-19 co-educational academy with currently 1050 students on roll, situated on the Croydon/Surrey border. Open since September 2009, we are judged Outstanding by Ofsted, and moved into a state-of-the-art new building in September 2012. We are a happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat on another with care and respect, combining traditional values of discipline and good manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology. The academy’s leadership team and staff share an expectation that each and every student who joins Harris Academy Purley achieves his or her “personal best”. With an emphasis on Enterprise, the academy strives each and every day to create a culture and ethos which promotes curiosity, initiative and leadership in all our young people.
The role requires you to provide a professional examination service ensuring a calm environment to give candidates the best possible opportunity to be successful in their exams. You must follow the required guidelines/regulations for the integrity and security of examinations and procedures during invigilation.
- Assisting with the setting up examinations venues in accordance with strict procedures.
- Assisting candidates, prior the start of the examinations by directing them to their seats and advising on the possessions permitted in the examinations room.
- Supervising during exam sessions and dealing with queries raised by candidates.
- Escorting candidates from the examination venues as required and supervising candidate whilst outside the venue.
- Distributing question papers and collecting completed scripts at the end of the examination.
The work is on an ad-hoc basis, mostly during November, January, March, May and June, with occasional extra days possible at other times of year as required. It is essential that you are available at least three full working days in any one week during these periods, and that you can regularly access an email account.
Full training will be provided.
You will need to be flexible, calm, punctual, reliable, well organised and able to deal with students in a professional and former manner. You must be able to stand quietly for long periods of time, and work upon own initiative as well as part of a team.
Why work at Harris Academy Purley?
- “This is an outstanding academy. High quality teaching promotes learning and enjoyment for all students.” – Ofsted
- The opportunity to be part of an oversubscribed, 'Outstanding'-rated academy
- A superb, modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities
- A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Harris Academy Purley is part of the Harris Federation, a network of 44 academies, which offers exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development and promotion.
For more information or to arrange a visit, please contact the academy on .
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.