BARKING AND DAGENHAM,
Exams Invigilators required for the summer term
• Flexible working hours including full day and half day shifts
• Work available throughout May and June
• Wonderful school - rated outstanding with organised, supportive staff
• £10 - £15 per hour
An outstanding schools in East London are seeking additional exam invigilators for the exam period over the approaching summer term. Work will be available throughout May and June 2018 and you can pre-book shifts according to your schedule. You can book morning and/or afternoon shifts. The schools with great facilities located in East London such as Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Waltham Forest, Tower Hamlets, Newham and Redbridge.
You will prepare the room for exams by placing the students candidate cards on their desks, giving them the right papers (DOUBLE-CHECK that they are the correct paper and the correct level/tier) and ensuring they have the necessary equipment. During the exam you will walk around the room making sure that pupils are not speaking or cheating. If pupils need to go to the toilet or be removed from the exam hall for any reason you may be asked to go with them and supervise them. After the exam you will collect the papers and place them in an official envelope which is sealed and sent to be marked.
Some students with special educational needs may have access arrangements where they are entitled to a scribe to write some or all of their exam for them. If you are doing a role like this you will be writing everything they ask you to write and afterwards completing a form to comment on the extend of writing that you did for them. Students have had mocks and should be prepared for scribing. They will be able to tell you the additional help they require.
Training will be given to successful applicants.
The Ideal Candidate
• ***MUST have a valid DBS or be willing to pay £44 to obtain one***
• Eligible to work in the UK
• If you have been abroad for more than 6 months in the last 6 years you will need a police check from that country
• Previous experience working as an Invigilator (not essential but a strong advantage)
• Have UK based experience working within a school in the last six months (advantageous)
• Recent classroom-based references are also a strong advantage
• Newly qualified applicants are welcome to apply
Don't miss your opportunity to join this dedicated department! Apply today!
firstname.lastname@example.org where you will be contacted (if shortlisted).
Reed Education Stratford - We are dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Through our engagement and interaction with our schools, we can highlight their needs and respond to them with the very best staff possible. As a teacher you will benefit from having your own personal consultant to work with, this is where we differ from most agencies, let’s work together to find the perfect role for you!
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job