Job Title: Parcel Sorter
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Salary From £8.50- £9.05 per hour
Wages increase after 13 weeks continuous employment to at least £10.14 per hour. Wage increase again after 6 months to at least £12.03 per hour
Job Type: Temporary, ongoing work.
Initially this is just work on a Sunday night (usually Midnight/2am - 7.30am) However there may on occasions be opportunties to work some shifts in the week too
Our client, a parcel delivery company are looking to recruit Parcel Sorters for ongoing contracts. Ideally you will have done this role before, but as a minimum applications will only be accepted from those who have a minimum of 6 months warehouse experience.
The successful applicant will need to come to Southampton for a one time registration
Job role & responsibilities
- Sorting items by hand into compartments on a sorting frame,
- Overseeing the automatic sorting process, ensuring that the machinery is in full working order,
- Bagging and labelling mail for its destination,
- Moving mail around the office between conveyor belts, loading docks and trolleys,
- Moving mailbags from cages, sorting mailbags and bundles of mail into cages,
- Loading and unloading wheeled containers from vehicles to the dispatch areas.
- Scanning parcels
- Be able to lift and carry mailbags and boxes weighing up to 20kg and to push containers weighing up to 250kg
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Have a good grasp of the English Language both written and spoken
- Have previous experience in a similar position
- Be IT literate and confident in using scanners/ computers
Due to the nature of the role, the company requires an in depth security clearance check (we are unable to accept applications from anyone who has a criminal record for sexual offences, violence or theft/ fraud) and 5 years worth of address history. Anyone who can not provide this information will automatically be rejected.
Simple Recruitment Services Ltd are acting as an employment agency in this instance. It is not always possible to respond to every applicant, so if you have not heard back from us in 7 days then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in this occasion. Simple Recruitment Services Ltd will retain your information, and may make contact in the future should other suitable positions become available
Simple Recruitment Services Ltd are an equal opportunities employer
- Order Picking