Are you looking for a new opportunity working as an Events Venue Sourcing Manager to be based in South West London?
You will be working within the in-house operations team. You are a keen negotiator with a wealth of national and international venue knowledge and an interest in researching new venues in destinations such as Africa, Asia and Europe.
The role is based purely on venue relationship management.
Main Duties of the Role
- Managing venue sourcing process from start to contract stage;
- Developing strong relationships with international hotel groups, independent venues as well as convention and tourism offices worldwide;
- Negotiate, secure cost effective venues for the company events and suppliers globally;
- Obtain necessary event permits;
- Assist directors selecting adequate venues based on individual events’ requirements;
- Prepare cost and venue comparisons to assist with the internal venue selection process;
- Design venue presentations for clients;
- Drive venue processes internally, liaising with various teams including production, marketing, finance, event management as well as provide venue availability and costs;
- Maintain the internal venue database and keep up to date with the latest industry developments;
- Attend hospitality industry events;
- Secure commissions and manage venue payments.
Your Skills and Experience
- The candidate should be proactive, organised and self-driven individual with excellent time management to handle various projects simultaneously, also have a flexible approach to manage unforeseen changes to programmes quite straightforwardly.
- You need to understand hotel contracts and be able to negotiate on terms and conditions when necessary, you must also have understanding of bedroom allocations and attrition dates.
- You will have excellent communication skills, aptitude to hold effective telephone and face to face negotiations, as well as deliver internal venue presentations.
- The ideal candidate has an operations or account executive background with ability to handle strong negotiations while building relationships with venues and suppliers worldwide.
£32,000-£34,000 per annum + bonus
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job