This beautiful and historical Surrey country house hotel is looking to appoint a Sales Office Manager. You will lead and manage the Sales office sale activities, proactively sell the hotel and convert enquiries to confirmed business and ensure the reservations team are well trained and effective.
You would develop the company strategy of growing the residential conference business, training and wedding market.
• The delivery of revenue budgets for the property
• The creation and development of the property revenue strategy to support the long term
growth of the business with the residential conference, training and wedding market being
the primary focus.
• Ensuring the effective implementation of systems, standards and processes
• Reporting of quality to provide detailed analysis of our business linking to proactive sales
activity both internally and externally
• The training and development of the conference and reservations teams within the
• Involvement with the completion of forecasts, budgets and any other financial information
- To receive telephone enquiries and take the appropriate follow up action necessary to convert the call to then generate a 'sale’
- To be involved in sales activities to ensure the continued business success of the hotel
- To ensure effective communication with other hotel departments to enable the smooth operation of in-house functions.
- To manage the Meeting & Events and reservations team in the execution of their role and delegate effectively to ensure that departmental duties are efficiently executed.
- To co ordinate with Conference & Banqueting Operations to ensure the smooth running of events.
- Follow-through with set deadlines. If you or anyone in the team experience a delay in meeting their commitment, consult the Head of Sales before the deadline to give a status update. Pass on all relevant and final information relating to the event to the operation Management team 2 weeks prior to the event taking place.
- All emails for M&E must be checked by the Sales Office Manager depending on the overall hotel commitment and complexity of the event.
- Review and proofread the M&E team Function sheets work very carefully for format, accuracy, grammar, tone, and purpose, prior to turning it in.
You'll be an integral part of the hotel management team driving revenue and continuing its success.