Beautiful and elegant City Livery Company is looking for an experienced Events and Sales Manager to be responsible for selling and administrating their internal and external activities and events. This stunning venue is popular for high spend weddings, meetings and social events. A fabulous venue to be based in!
In this senior position you will be working closely with their supberb in-house catering company selling their event and wedding packages.
- Responsible for sales projects that involve both proactive and reactive selling
- Responsible for all email marketing activities including news stories, newsletters and blogging sent to the venue database
- Regularly creating packages for our various customer groups and ensuring that an appropriate marketing campaign is delivered to ensure maximum business is gained
- Updating the website on a daily basis to ensure the visual appearance and content is representative of the quality of events sold and delivered
- Working with the web developers on the website’s search engine optimisation
- Overseeing all social media accounts including Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Facebook. Ensuring that all platforms are updated on a daily basis with appropriate sales and reputation driven content
- Organising and hosting various client familiarisation events in efforts to create new business
- Managing the marketing budget is spent to ensure the maximum return on investment
- Reporting back on figures and sales marketing activities at the end of each month
- Chairing monthly marketing meetings to ensure our strategic marketing plan is being achieved with minimal effect to the marketing budget. Ensuring each meeting is looking at least three months ahead
- Continuously looking for new technologies and other methods to gain new business
- Utilising the sites events software - Rendezvous; contacting prospective customers by the appropriate method, handling incoming enquires to the agreed standard (telephone, mail, letter)
- Log all enquiries, provisional and confirmed bookings on the database.
- Prepare well written quotes and dispatch by mail or email.
- Ensure an effective chase and trace system is in place.
- Have excellent knowledge of the site, their capacities, unique selling points and their capabilities.
- Managing and keeping track of referrals for events.
- Sell events in line with requirements.
- Achieve higher average spend by effective use of up selling to each client.
- Conduct show rounds if required on a regular basis
- Meet and greet clients at events as agreed and follow up with call or letter or mail as appropriate for their business.
- Assist in the organisation and running of promotional events including potential client hospitality activity.
- Assist as required at promotional events, trade shows and sales and marketing activities.
Coordinate material and equipment for sales presentations including client gifts and giveaways
- Event Planning