POSITION: Events Sales Executive - Conferences
LOCATION: Fareham, Hampshire
SALARY: Competitive - Uncapped commission
AVERAGE WEEKLY HOURS: 37.5
BENEFITS: Free parking, company away days, incentive schemes, Work place pension, death in service Insurance, additional holiday purchase and much more.
We are looking for an experienced & talented Sales Executive to join our client who are an award winning B2B media company, working on our expanding international events portfolio.This company produces leading specialist magazines, exhibitions, conferences and websites, predominantly serving the Commercial Marine sector with pan-European and international audiences.
This companies clients range from large international equipment manufacturers and suppliers, media agencies through to family-run vessel operators. The company is in an exciting growth stage, launching new events in the USA and east Asia plus a range of new digital services. This is a unique opportunity for a driven Sales Executive to join a great B2B media company.
The successful applicant will need to be self-motivated, flexible and driven with good communication, IT and organisational skills. With responsibility to manage their own sales targets on assigned events across the portfolio, the Sales Executive must also show initiative and be able to work collaboratively in this cross functional role. It is essential that they are an enthusiastic team player, and be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure success.
- B2B Sales over the phone.
- Mixture of new business and existing business calling.
- Portfolio sales across multiple events, ensuring that the needs of each client are fully met.
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities, and customer contact towards achieving agreed business aims, demonstrating excellent time management and productivity.
- Maintain regular contact with prospective, previous and existing customers ensuring their marketing needs are identified & met through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods.
- Provide a structured, consultative sales approach providing solutions to new and existing client’s needs.
- Extensive client and relationship development to meet and exceed KPI’s and targets.
- Sourcing and creating new business sales opportunities via outbound calls.
- Attending exhibitions and events to network, build client relationships and create new client opportunities.
- Achieve sales targets by securing sponsorship package solutions and delegate sales targets on assigned events.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Proven experience in events and conference sales ideally with experience working in a B2B media environment selling multi-platform solutions including sponsorship, digital advertising and delegate sales to existing and new clients.
- Effective sales techniques and skills demonstrated by a successful track record of exceeding targets and goals inB2B sales.
- Strong organisational skills to track client opportunity, relationship management and sales pipeline management.
- A positive, can do attitude with a willingness and ability to deliver both personal and team targets and KPI’s.
- The ability and confidence to approach & converse with clients with varying levels of seniority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills allied to strong presentation skills primarily via telephone but also face to face at events.
- The ability to rise to a challenge and demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude.
- Show initiative and be able to work collaboratively. It is essential that you are an enthusiastic team player, and be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure success.
- A proficient user of Microsoft Office applications.
Second language is desirable, but not essential. The role will be office based, and will require some overseas travel.
Our client is a family-friendly, equal opportunity employer, based in modern open offices just off the M27 in Fareham, Hampshire. Established in 1989, the company has over 55 employees.
Deadline for applications is noon on Monday 19th February 2018. To apply, send CV, with covering email outlining your experience and why you feel this would be an appropriate role for you.
- International Conferences
- B2B sales