Events Portfolio Director - German & English Speaker
Up to £55,000+ 15k on top & Benefits & Travel
Synopsis of the Role…
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team in London, as Portfolio Director. This individual will report directly to the CEO.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of producing high quality events and is motivated by the opportunity to lead a group of countries or territories. The Portfolio Director role combines strategic planning, leadership, project management, event production, marketing and direct acquisition of high value customers.
Key Role Objectives:
- Oversee the direction and management of your event team as they deliver events across the whole company portfolio, ensuring they deliver to brief, budget, deadlines, and to the highest quality.
- Show a driven, hands-on management style that guides event best practice, raises account team performance and upholds the general vitality of the agency/client relationship.
- Communicate regularly with the team keep them updated on strategic and tactical department news, developments and results
- Consistently affirm team worth and proactively train team skills, knowledge and confidence - helping where necessary but allowing them freedom to develop and achieve success.
- Conceptualize and supervise the commercial strategy in different territories.
- Empower team synergy and positive team spirit to ensure your team feels supported, and ensure all challenges or conflict is dealt with in a positive manner with minimum fuss.
- Consistently demonstrate tact, diplomacy, maturity and professionalism in relating and interacting with your team at all levels.
- Be accountable for the team, complying with all internal processes to ensure quality standards and service propositions are being met.
- Lead a team that will produce high quality investor forums, by confirming a programme of paying senior principals.
- The Portfolio Director is requested to travel abroad as part of his responsibilities to run teams and meet key clients when necessary.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of your markets and customers, with a focus on developing a strong network.
- Write engaging copy, create and manage social groups, and conduct interviews with participants for marketing use
- Enthusiasm: a proactive, constructive and solution-focused approach, together with a personal pride in one’s work and the desire to carry out a job well for its own sake.
- Edge: emotionally intelligent, resourceful and astute, with strong commercial acumen.
- Execution: well organized and self-disciplined, with a focus on getting things done.
- Customer focus: a drive to continually improve the value and experience delivered to our customers
- Conference Production
- International Events
- German Speaker