Events Operations Director
Position: Permanent Full-time (freelance/contractual hires will be considered on an interim basis)
This is a fantastic opportunity to stretch your experience to one of the biggest and most exciting continents of this decade - Africa.
Who we are
We are a thriving independent, full suite service corporate communications, marketing and branding agency. We are small, but mighty. Our impressive roster of exciting global clients - each blazing a trail in their respective fields - is indicative of the expert guidance we provide to help them reach both their short and long-term goals.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role provides a great opportunity for an experienced and commercially minded Events Operations Director.
The Events Operations Director will have overall responsibility for the high quality delivery of client events from initial proposal through to final reconciliation. You will work with the account management, PR/comms and events teams to provide leadership, direction and support, whilst maintaining motivation and enthusiasm.
You will also be responsible for the development of client relationships in order to maintain and increase business opportunities in line with the account and company strategic objectives.
- To oversee and monitor event project progress through the team
- To monitor and maintain quality and adherence to processes, identifying and contributing to their improvement
- To work closely with clients to build and maintain first class relationships with key stakeholders
- Work closely with clients to establish clear event project briefs that meet and exceed objectives and expectations
- At a senior level to be fully responsible for complex event budgets from conception through to reconciliation
- To drive for excellence in customer service and quality delivery
- To proactively develop and manage supplier relationships and to actively seek cost saving opportunities
- To cross sell company services where possible and in line with client policy
- To represent the company as and when necessary or appropriate
- Management of day-to-day operation of projects and events, including: venue research, client site visits, budgeting, design & print, managing delegate registrations alone and/or alongside colleagues, briefing of and liaison with production department /AV company, client & delegate liaison, liaison with hotel, ground agents, travel department, suppliers, badging, delegate packs, on-site staff arrangements
- Preparation of proposals to clients
- Participating in pitches to new clients - including presentations
- Management of complex event databases, etc
- Handling clients, presenting to clients and developing client relationships
- Supporting the events team, coaching and developing junior level members of the team
- Assisting with resourcing of teams and allocating tasks and duties
- Checking team's work, taking new enquiries , trouble-shooting and ensuring internal processes and procedures are adhered to
- Any other tasks required by the Managing Director
- Relevant event experience with management responsibilities
- Educated to degree level/professional qualification or qualified by experience
- Agency experience is essential
- Proven experience in logistics and delegate management
- Experience in the financial services sector is essential
- Experience of leading and contributing to pitches - including excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of mentoring and developing more junior level employees
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think at a strategic level
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and work to very tight deadlines
- Numerate and experienced at managing complex budgets, preparing spreadsheets, costings, etc
- Able to work on own initiative and also as a key 'hands on' team member
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- A 'can do’ attitude and solution-orientated
- Languages are not essential, but would be helpful, particularly French
- Flexible about working long hours and weekends
- Willingness to travel in UK / overseas and spend time away from home often at short notice
Why you should come to work for us
We are close-knit agency and pride ourselves on the culture of inclusivity and camaraderie. We have regular summer and Christmas parties (at extra special locations!) and we love birthdays - celebrating every employee’s birthday with cake and bubbly.
Events Operations Director - Brand-led - Corporate Comms & PR - Communications - Financial Services - Event - Client Relationships - Project Management - Results-driven - Advertising & Marketing - Accounts - Diplomacy Skills - Confidentiality
- Brand Management
- Corporate Communications
- Financial Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'