Events & Marketing Assistant required to join Sellick Partnership's established marketing and PR team in their Manchester-based head office. A market-leading professional services recruitment specialist with seven offices across the country, the business requires an ambitious and motivated Events & Marketing Assistant with the skills and attitude to work in a fast-paced environment.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, your remit will be primarily events focused, whilst supporting the rest of the marketing team on all marketing activities. You will be responsible for co-ordinating a range of internal and external events including (but not limited to):
- Conferences and exhibitions
- Networking events, CPD events and pub quizzes
- Sponsorship and awards dinners
- Presentations and workshops
- Charitable events and sports leagues
- Three internal company events per year
Events & Marketing Assistant role and responsibilities
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the events calendar (50+ events per year).
- Co-ordinating and facilitating the events from start to finish, working with marketing colleagues, Consultants and the SMT to ensure a smooth process.
- Co-ordination of all stakeholders including employees, speakers, venue management, suppliers and special guests.
- Booking of travel, infrastructure, and hotels for the events - in line with company budgets and policy.
- Producing Event Packs to help distribute key information amongst stakeholders attending events.
- Handling queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure all runs smoothly.
- Assisting with the development and production of event related marketing materials.
- Assist with the internal and external promotion of events through the use of different marketing channels such as social media, website and email communications.
- Researching potential events, exhibitions and conferences that might be of interest.
- Assist the Senior Marketing Manager in reviewing all event marketing materials, researching and costing new ideas.
- Conduct desktop research on a range of topics to help develop training materials and presentations for the Consultants.
- Any other ad-hoc requests as and when necessary.
Ideal requirements of the Events & Marketing Assistant
- Exceptional written communications skills, with the ability to adapt your style to suit different media channels and audiences.
- Experience of producing content for social media and blog writing.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects to tight deadlines.
- Confidence in reporting on the performance of marketing campaigns and activities, including in-depth data analysis.
- Key team player with experience of working across the full marketing mix.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel (Essential), PowerPoint and Photoshop (Desirable), Hootsuite (Desirable), Mailchimp (Desirable).
If you would like to join a thriving business with perks including 25 days holiday and flexible working, please contact Simon Briffa at Sellick Partnership or click apply.
- Social Events
- Recruitment Marketing
- Sports Leagues
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job