Events Manager - Central London
12 mth Contract | £250 - 300 per day
A specialist defence & security Consortium requires an experienced Events Manager to co-ordinate external market engagement activities of a new Accelerated Capability Environment, whose purpose is to bring industry and academia closer to government and law enforcement, to stimulate the flow of innovative, agile and flexible solutions to problems in the digital communications space, delivering real impact for law enforcement agencies.
Working in partnership with UK government and law enforcement partners, you will be part of a team helping to identify threats, risks and areas of need, and works with the best and brightest businesses to facilitate innovative thinking, fast - to address these threats and risks, and solve not just current but future challenges posed to law enforcement by the rapidly evolving digital communications landscape. The Consortium includes over 100 leading edge companies ranging from large system integrators like Atos & IBM through to specialist defence & security technology start- ups.
Events Manager - Role Purpose
To manage and develop a rolling series of events to facilitate interactions between the Customer and the Consortium and promote the Accelerated Capability Environment.
- Development, production and delivery of projects from proposal to delivery.
- Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations.
- Setting, communicating and maintaining time lines and priorities on every project
- Communicating, maintaining and developing Customer & Consortium relationships
- Managing Consortium relationships
- Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure all projects are delivered efficiently
- Travelling to on site inspections and project managing events
- Being responsible for all project budgets from start to finish
- Project management experience
- The ability to manage budgets
- Proactive approach
- Good administrative and IT skills
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Communication Skills
- Event Management
- Event Planning
- Organisational Skills
- Project Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job