We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Charity sector. We have an excellent opportunity for an Events Manager to join a very worthwhile charity that provides food aid to children and families around the world.
The position can either be based at one of the office or from Home
Events Manager’s Core Duties
- Development, production and delivery of projects from proposal right up to delivery.
- Research venues, suppliers and contractors, and then negotiate prices and hire;
- Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations.
- Manage all pre-event planning, e.g. organising guest speakers and delegate packs;
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every event.
- Communicating, maintaining and developing client relationships
- Managing supplier relationships and all event logistics (for example, venue, catering, travel);
- Providing leadership, motivation, direction and support to volunteers
- Travelling to on site inspections and project managing events
- Being responsible for all event budgets from start to finish.
- Liaise with marketing team to publicise and promote the event;
- Organise facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media;
- Make sure that insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed;
- Produce post-event evaluation to inform future events;
- Research opportunities for new events.
Events Manager’s Key Experience
- University Degree (min 2:2)
- Significant demonstrable experience of organising events and fundraising activities.
- A relevant qualification in event management (desirable).
- An understanding of the international poverty relief and issues in Asia and Africa (desirable)
- The ability to speak Urdu, Arabic or Bangla, would be desirable
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small close-knit team.
- Sensitivity to differences in culture and nationality with the ability to work closely with colleagues and volunteers.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing circumstances and needs of the role, including flexibility in working hours.
- Event Management
- Project Management