£27,000 to £30,000
Core hours 9-5.30 plus some out of hours events
About Us The Company is a multi-media company providing business travel information and content through our award winning magazine titles, digital content, research platforms and industry awards and events.
About the role This is a full-time permanent role based in London and reports to the head of events. The role will require someone who is self-motivated and is able to work on their own as well as part of a team. The successful candidate will be a highly organised, detail oriented individual with a creative mind and an obsession with making things perfect.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of four years’ event management experience with full responsibility for planning, budgets and logistics.
Managing small to large scale events of up to 1300+ attendees
A proven ability to work and communicate effectively with others.
Copywriting - High level of written English and oral communications skills
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, whilst juggling multiple projects.
Advanced IT skills with excellent knowledge of word, excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Keynote and InDesign would be an advantage but not crucial.
Accountability for events marketing and operations, theming & production, logistics, planning and negotiation
Ownership of two award ceremonies whilst simultaneously producing smaller events such as judging days, sponsors lunches, private dining lunches/evenings and seminars
Creating bespoke events
Creating and maintaining sponsorship proposals and opportunities
Sponsorship management - delivering sponsored collateral to contracted specifications
Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations.
Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project
Communicating, maintaining and developing client relationships
Managing supplier relationships
Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently
Sourcing venues and carrying out to on-site inspections
Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery
- Manage the creative design process and direct brand strategy
- Drive the agreed strategy forward in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders
- Generate new event ideas
- Manage the full mix of communications methods, including telemarketing, direct mail, e-marketing and advertising to promote events
- Process event bookings and payments for paid for events
- Manage event invites and RSVP’s for invitation only events
- Produce web development briefs for event websites
- Proof read all event/marketing copy to ensure high levels of accuracy and fluency
- Complete H&S - Risk Assessments
- Event Management
- Business Travel