Up to £25,000 per annum depending on experience
Our client is a self-funded charity supporting 13-24 year olds following a cancer diagnosis. They provide these young people with the opportunity to meet others in a similar situation to themselves and help rebuild their lives. They encourage them to take positive, life-affirming action and see that there is life beyond their illness.
Established 10 years ago, our client has a friendly team of 12 members of staff, who are excited for what the future holds, as they grow their team to fulfil their ambitions.
Everyone has a unique role within the team, yet they understand that the best results come from sharing ideas, working together and having a flexible approach.
Dedicated staff work directly with the young people they support, whilst this role focus on raising the vital funds and awareness needed to make their work happen.
To find more about our client and to see the calendar of fundraising events they run please visit their website.
Professionally plan and delivery a portfolio of flagship fundraising events and activities, with the objective of maximising income opportunities and increasing awareness for our client.
- Work alongside the Fundraising Manager to support the planning and organisation of all events, identifying and liaising with venues, suppliers, entertainers, performers and speakers to ensure that event objectives are met
- Manage relationships with supporter network, ensuring regular communication and acknowledgement that encourages participation in upcoming events
- Produce event project plans, keeping track of pre, during and post event activities
- Communicate with the Marketing Manager to create effective promotional material and plan digital media coverage for each event
- Work alongside the Volunteer Manager to ensure any internal staff or external volunteer resource requirements are filled
- Engage with appropriate organisations to introduce our client and request donated goods and prizes for all events
- Produce and distribute event confirmations, ensuring these are engaging and informative
- Act as the first point of contact for all event queries, responding to all enquiries in a timely, confident and professional manner, displaying a clear and comprehensive knowledge of all current and past activities
- Ensure all pre-event administration tasks such as invoicing, payment processing, seating, dietary requirements, guest list, and designs are complete well in advance
- Attend and facilitate set up for all events, where appropriate, be the agreed point of contact, ensuring the event runs to plan
- Post event, ensure that everything is packed down, transported back to the office, money is safely counted and stored, and any outstanding tasks are resolved
- Deliver an on brand, efficient and timely thanking process for all events and donations. It is imperative that names and address of supporters are accurately captured and added to the database.
- Provide support to externally organised ‘in aid of’ events. Ensuring they deliver a positive experience and income opportunities are maximised.
- Take the lead role in liaising with suppliers when sourcing new merchandise and event material.
Our client expects and encourages all team members to take a flexible approach to their work. Occasionally, you may be asked to contribute in areas that are not specifically outlined, but which are in line with the general objectives of the post
The ideal candidate for the Events Executive role will portray the following skills and attributes:
To be successful in this role, you’ll have proven experience of delivering events to the highest standard.
Be a confident and professional communicator with engaging interpersonal skills. Have the ability to negotiate with suppliers and manage supporter’s expectations. Be exceptionally organised, with an eye for detail, the ability to work under pressure and have a flexible approach. Fully competent in the use of Microsoft office tools
The best suited candidate will be Passionate, Organised, Flexible and Reliable.
They reward staff for their hard work and want to enhance their skills, learning and development. As a member of our team, you can expect 25 days’ holiday, all bank holidays, office closure over the Christmas period, a pension scheme with employers contribution, private healthcare and wellness cover, professional training where necessary and a flexible working environment.
If you feel you are suitable for the Events Executive role, please apply now!
Events Assistant, Events Executive, Events Coordinator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job