Job Type Full time, Permanent
Location Central London (Bloomsbury)
Salary Up to £30k
This Federation is looking to recruit a Full time Events Executive to be based in Central London (Bloomsbury.)
The Events Executive Job Purpose includes:
- Deliver commercial events to agreed targets and customer satisfaction measures.
- Support the Senior Commercial Executive in raising awareness of events.
- Events include:
- Feberation Awards and Industry Dinner
- A series of conferences
- Events as directed by policy teams
- Other commercial events as directed by Membership and Commercial Engagement Director and Senior Commercial Executive.
The Events Executive Principal Accountabilities:
- Support the planning of an annual calendar of commercial events (including training courses)
- Venue identification and selection for all events.
- Liaison with the catering and venue teams for all events.
- If required, selection of a production company to support events and liaison with production suppliers at events.
- Administration of delegate registrations with all delegates registered on the database.
- Running the on-site logistics and acting as the go-to person for delegates during events.
- Liaising with speakers to confirm requirements and secure presentations ahead of events.
- Send out the customer feedback polls post events and feed results into the wider team.
- Deliver excellent customer service to all delegates and suppliers.
- Working with the digital team to create pre-event and post event mailers
- Producing delegate packs for events, to include, speaker biographies, feedback forms and sponsor information.
- Working with Sales and Sponsorship Executive to make sure sponsors receive a high profile at each event.
- Assisting the senior commercial executive in the compilation of marketing emails and campaigns.
- Working to the cost budget for events.
- Driving numbers to register for events and achieving event sales targets where relevant.
- Sourcing and developing database content for marketing and events purposes in order to create a wide pool of marketing material recipients.
- For the Federation Awards - work with the wider team to encourage Awards entries.
- Provide ad hoc admin and marketing support to the Senior Commercial Executive and Commercial and Membership Engagement Director as required to support the delivery of marketing activities and events.
The Events Executive Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Good working knowledge of the events industry
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Experience of database input
- Team player, flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Calm under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to carry out tasks unaided
- Selling skills to drive delegate numbers and award entries
- Highly organised and a detailed project manager
- Self-confident and motivated
- Target driven
- Good time-management with an ability to prioritise tasks
- Able to communicate well at all levels
- Computer literate – particularly Word and Excel
- Financially literate – capable of managing a budget
- Diplomatic and politically aware
- Tenacious and robust
- Knowledge of the food and drink industry would be helpful though not essential
This Federation is the voice of the UK food and drink industry - the largest manufacturing sector in the country. They help their members operate in an appropriately regulated marketplace to maximise their competitiveness. They communicate their industry's values and concerns to Government, regulators, consumers and the media. They also work in partnership with key players in the food chain to ensure their food is safe, affordable and nutritious and that consumers can have trust in it.
In return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £30 K plus:
They offer an excellent employee benefits package to its employees – a pension scheme, life insurance, 25 days annual leave, cycle-to-work scheme, eye-care vouchers and a twice a week fruit drop. After successful completion of a 6-months’ probationary period, employees will be entitled to an interest-free season ticket loan, gym subsidy, childcare vouchers and private health insurance.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply by sending a CV, covering letter and salary expectations, illustrating why you are best-placed to take on the role. Your application should be sent via clicking the link.
5.30pm, Friday 16 March 2018.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job