The ideal candidate will have previous experience delivering fundraising events in either the educational or non-profit sector. Events organisation will be essential – the position will require you to develop events and initiatives to increase engagements with the prospective and current funders. Alongside this, you will be responsible for contributing towards the enhancement of member experience, delivering national and international events and activities with the aim of broadening the pool of donors for the organisation.
You will need to be a great team player and have excellent written and verbal communication. The perfect candidate will be enthusiastic in their work, articulate and confident, be able to build strong, sustainable relationships and be able to see projects through from start to finish.
Key elements of the role include;
• Implement an agreed annual calendar of local, national and international events and activities for the Westminster Community (e.g. reunion events for 600+ alumni, small cultivation and stewardship events and large fundraising events)
• Attend all key events and take responsibility for their smooth and successful running
• Work with internal and external colleagues to book venues, organise catering and provide efficient event plans
• Create and carry out effective event marketing plans, showcasing each event on the website
• Manage event budgets, ensuring each event is delivered within acceptable costs and checking and managing all invoices
• Generate ideas for new events to complement the existing programme, targeting specific groups and tailoring each occasion to meet specific objectives
• With the Director of Development, create and administer a new supporters ‘club’/scheme to increase engagement and offer opportunities for donor recognition
• Build relationships face to face (often a natural follow-on from relationships developed through organising and hosting events)
• Support the Director of Development in maximising fundraising revenue and goodwill towards Westminster School
This is just an outline of the role as a whole. There is likely to be added administrative duties for you to cover.
The client offers a great salary along with added benefits such as 25 days holiday, free school lunches during term time, interest free travel and a pension scheme.
Candidates will need to have or be happy to have Enhanced DBS and further safeguarding checks as required by the client.
If this sounds like a role you would like to be considered for, please apply below! Or similarly send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job