This company is an events and publishing company that runs regular digital marketing seminars and conferences. As well as an extensive website featuring in-depth essays, profiles, marketing case studies and video content, the company publishes a quarterly print B2B magazine dedicated to the latest insights into digital marketing.
This is a Graduate job with a starting salary of £21-£25K (per annum)
How you can expect to spend your day:
- Speaker acquisition - sourcing, selecting and securing the participation of high-level industry experts.
- Sponsorship and sales acquisition - sourcing, selecting and securing key prospects, agencies and marketing solution providers as event sponsors and attendees.
- Commercial partnerships - attending business development meetings to harness new revenue streams and bring on new clients.
- Relationship building - developing strong commercial relationships with key clients.
- Competitive landscaping - mapping out and defining the competitive landscape.
- Copywriting - creating sales-driven copy for web, direct mail and email in order to drive delegate sales.
- Portfolio Development - generating ideas in order to deliver a forward schedule of commercially viable topics which complement existing products.
- Project Management - working with the cross-functional project team of marketing, sales and logistics in order to deliver products and events on deadline and budget.
- Onsite Delivery - meticulous on-site execution of conferences with an exceptional standards of customer service.
- Industry Relationships - cultivating speaker/sponsor relationships in the run-up to the event and contributing to the smooth running of events on site.
- Analytical Skills - analysing past event statistics and information in order to feed it into future campaigns and strategy.
- Customer Experience - strong commitment to driving first-rate customer experience that facilitates repeat business and marks out events as being must-attend.
This role reports directly to the Owner & Managing Director of the company.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
- Sales-focused, able to chase leads and close deals
- Hands-on team player
- Desire to be part of a fast-growing business and help shape its future growth
- Highly commercial
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to deal with tight deadlines and multiple projects
- Able to be flexible with the role as it is shaped further in line with company growth