Event Security Officer
The role of an Event Security Officer is Spectator Safety and also customer service. If there are any breaches of Ground / Event regulations or spectators are required to be removed from/refused entry to the Venue they would be responsible for dealing with the situation safely and professionally
Mininum requirements: -You will be required to work 4.5 days at the Gallery and be available most weekends and cover some weekdays if need be.
- Attend the event venue at given times as instructed by the Management Team of Securitas
- Attend the pre - event briefing and ensure all information is understood
- Do not leave the event venue after "signing - in" until stood down by your Supervisor
- Undertake pre - event and post - event safety checks as required
- Be responsible for the safety and comfort of spectators within a designated area at all times
- Search Spectators for any prohibited items
- Constantly monitor the spectators in your area of responsibility, checking for signs of distress or overcrowding and take action in accordance with the Event Venue instructions
- Assist in the prevention of overcrowding by ensuring the crowd limits in various parts of the Event Venue are adhered to
- To control and direct spectators entering and leaving the Event Venue and to assist in this movement
- Ensure that gangways and exit / evacuation routes in your area of responsibility are kept clear
- Identify and investigate any incident or occurrence among spectators reporting findings to a Supervisor. Where appropriate complete the relevant Incident Report Form (available from your Supervisor)
- Enforce and immediately report to your Supervisor any breach of Ground or venue regulations
- Know the location of fire fighting equipment at the Event Venue
- Know the location of the First Aid teams within the Event Venue
- Be fully conversant with any methods or messages used to alert staff that an emergency has arisen.
- Be capable or recognising potential fire hazards and suspect packages and to report these immediately to your Supervisor or the Control Room.
- Promptly comply with any instruction given by a Supervisor, a member of the Event Management Team or a Police Officer
- Remain at your designated post unless authorised or ordered to do so by a Supervisor, a member of the Event Management Team or a Police Officer
- Report immediately to a Supervisor, a member of the Event Management Team or a Police Officer any damage or defect likely to pose a threat or danger to spectator safety e.g. damage to a barrier
- Assist as required in the evacuation of spectators from the Event Venue
- To undertake specific duties in an emergency as directed by the Event Management Team or a the appropriate emergency services officer Securitas Security Services (UK) Ltd March 2016
- Attend all required training
- Understand your general responsibilities towards the health, safety and welfare of all spectators, other stewards, event staff and themselves
Qualifications: Door Supervisor Licence(SIA licence higher rate)
- You should be fit, active and have the character and temperament to carry out the duties of an Event Security Officer
- You should possess good communication skills and be of sound character
- You should be polite, courteous and helpful to all spectators
- Whilst on duty you will adhere to the Securitas dress code and be clean and tidy
- You are not engaged to watch the match or event, but are expected to concentrate on your area of responsibility
- Whilst on duty do not eat, drink or smoke in view of the public
- You will not wear any colours which show an allegiance to any sporting team, whilst on duty
- You should not consume alcohol in the 8 hours before or during a tour of duty.
- You should never celebrate a team scoring a goal
- You should never show hostility or use obscene or offensive language to any spectator
- You should never act in any was likely to discredit Securitas
- NVQ 2 in Spectator Safety an advantage but not essential as training will be provided
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"