This is a great opportunity to join a growing, ambitious, company in a brand new role - there is the opportunity to make a significant impact on their business - plenty of room to grow the role! Great culture - this role can be office based or remote based depending on your location - or a mixture of the two. More information on the company on application - it's an interesting company!
This client is ideally looking for someone who has experience of event sales ,someone who is of a high calibre, not afraid to pick up the phone and talk to senior people in client organisations, and great listening skills as well as being very astute/commercially minded: enough to fully understand clients' business objectives.
Skills and Experience Required
- 3+ years in Business Development or Account Management in a B2B environment, events industry experience a strong advantage
- Ability to quickly grasp new products and services, and basic technical concepts
- Strong communication skills for a senior management level audience
- Highly organised, collaborative and detail oriented
- Willing to pitch in wherever needed in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience working with cross-functional teams e.g. Sales, Product, Marketing, Services
- Strong team player as well as a proactive individual contributor
- Educated to degree level preferred but not essential
- Experience with customer/marketing databases and/or CRM software
- Maximise event attendance, contacting qualified leads to confirm attendance and working with colleagues to refine the list of qualified leads 2. Identify, generate and develop a pipeline of well-qualified prospects for marketing services (sponsorship, exhibition, advertising)
- Develop a pipeline of prospects for marketing services (sponsorship, exhibition, advertising) in relation to our events and online programmes
- Become an expert on this company's products and services and be able to position them effectively to current and potential customers.
Key Responsibilities and Objectives
- Build relationships with businesses selling services to their sector, understand their needs and help them pick the most effective approaches they have on offer - such as advertising and event sponsorship - and then help align their campaign to achieve the results they expect.
- Sell delegate places, collaborating with colleagues to prepare call lists, working through these lists methodically to ensure all customers are aware of conferences they might wish to attend
- Arrange phone calls and meetings with important clients, identifying budget holders and decision makers, and bringing in MD, Events and Research/Editorial staff into these meetings
- Regular communication and feedback with MD regarding activity levels, performance against Quarterly targets, and business at risk.
- Administrative functions such as invoicing, processing orders, and maintaining records on CRM database (Salesforce).
- Additional responsibilities to include (not limited to) responding to incoming inquiries, contacting prospects to establish their requirements and build relationships, recording activity in Salesforce.
- Attendance at the company conferences and meetings around the UK
This role offers a short working week (35 hours - 9-5), a competitive salary plus commission - a quick start is possible! For more info, apply today!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'