Do you like talking on the telephone?
Are you an experienced outbound telephone sales executive?
The EIC is looking for an energetic and experienced telephone sales executive to work within a small team to multiply the EIC’s leading campaigns for strategic events and UK Pavilions within established global exhibitions.
No agencies at this time please.
Due to the volume of generic applications, candidates that do not include a tailored covering letter specific to the role will not be considered.
Full training will be given but you must possess the following core skills:
- Experienced outbound telephone sales executive, track record ideally in the energy sector with the ability to talk about, and gain an understanding of products and services and market requirements
- Inveterate networker and opportunist- excellent communication skills at all levels both over the telephone and in person to reinforce gravitas and energy to both colleagues and customers
- Ability to balance the varied needs of different companies and individual personas by matching their interests to the appropriate EIC Events
- Planning and organisation: responsible for selling a series of complex and varying event packages
- Teamwork: working as part of a team whilst taking competitive ownership of the allocated weekly campaign
- Self-starter -with the ability to paint a picture of each event and explain EIC principals as appropriate to each prospect
- Good humoured, enthusiastic, influential, presentable and personable with a desire to be exceptional
- Budgetary awareness - ensuring income secured is reflective of the budget and costs involved and not just to secure a sale
- Sense of urgency, good research ability, able to think ahead and plan for every eventuality
- To be self-motivated and able to understand and execute a well thought out sales strategy
- Business acumen, cultural awareness and prepared to travel nationally when required
- Good computer skills. Able to record in CRM system, Microsoft Excel and practise professional written dialogue to potential participants
Desirable, but not essential
- Large scale event and/or own exhibitor/sponsor experience
- Knowledge and/or interest in the energy sectorsincluding oil and gas, power, nuclear and renewables
- Trade Association and/or Government work experience
This isn’t your average telephone sales role. Whilst you will be required to maximise your contact with new and existing customers every day, you must quickly learn the key principals of the EIC and understand the personas within membership in order to secure meaningful conversations with the primary manufacturers, suppliers and service providers from across the energy sectors that lead to bookings.
Maximising sponsorship and securing stand sales that promise a showcase of UK capability of new technologies and solutions therefore requires an ambitious and organised sales executive who can convey the features and benefits across multiple highly professional events with a sense of urgency to promote the added value to all participants.
This role will play a significant part in helping to fully subscribe the annual programme whilst retaining and engaging existing customers so candidates with experience of working in a service organisation with an appreciation of the proportionate opportunities and challenges the economy as a whole faces will have a distinct advantage.
As well as an excellent basic salary with OTE, there are also several benefits such as a company pension, a life assurance policy, a private medical insurance scheme (post probation), 25 days holiday (rising to 28 days based on length of service), flexible working and professional development opportunities.
All applicants must be based in the North East of England but prepared to travel occasionally to key external events to maximise engagement with multiple prospects and seek out new business.
- Account Management
- Business Development
- Organisational Skills
- Telephone Sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job