Events Logistics Manager
Circa £27,000 to £28,000 per annum
Up to 12 months fixed term
The IET is seeking and experienced Event Manager to organise and deliver a portfolio of Commercial, Community and Thought Leadership events working with internal and external clients. You will take responsibility for all aspects of planning and organising specifics allocated events.
The ideal candidate will have events logistics experience and ideally you will have held a role at Event Manager level in the past. Demonstrable experience in delivering events from conception to completion is a must!
The successful candidate will be a team player with first class communication skills. Part of this role will see you travelling and at times staying away from home for a few days at a time. You will need to be to be able to work independently and manage your own workflow whilst being part of a team.
This is a fixed term maternity cover role that is available immediately! Please send in your CV and covering letter as soon as you are ready - we are actively recruiting and may draw the role to close when suitable applications are received.
Main Duties and Responsibilities (summary)
- To be responsible for all aspects of organising specific events as allocated by the Event Logistics Group Manager including kick off meetings, budgets, speakers, campaign scheduling, author management, event materials, venue sourcing, post event reporting etc
- Work effectively with the event team on a portfolio of events, ensuring the whole team are kept updated with developments and individuals are treated professionally in all cases
- Build effective working relationships with external stakeholders and work collaboratively as one team with IET volunteers ensuring that roles and responsibilities are defined and understood
- Attend and support all meetings of event organising committees, sub-committees, Communities Committees and working groups
- Ensure all tasks and event materials are completed in a timely manner and of a suitable quality
- Attend each event organised, ensuring professional delivery on site
- Supervise a team of staff and volunteers working on the event both in the office and on-site at an event;
- Ensure fair distribution of onsite work within Health and Safety guidelines;
- Sit in on some sessions and act as problem solver in the room;
- Be highly proficient on PowerPoint and other aspects of onsite delivery of presentations;
- Comply with all IET PCI regulations;
- To identify added value at events
- Manage the gathering of papers and the submission of abstracts and full papers for CFPs
- Plan and communicate event filming schedule liaising with IET.TV
- Support with content delivery for activities running alongside events, including Special Interest Journals etc
- To work in a collaborative manner that exhibits trust, honesty, and a one-team spirit
- To be familiar with the IET values and behaviours and behave in a way that clearly demonstrates integrity, excellence, and teamwork
- Ensure effective links between event logistics, and all other areas of the IET
- GCSE maths and English at grade C or above, or equivalent;
- Previous experience of all aspects of event organisation;
- Excellent administration skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet strict deadlines;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels;
- Good problem solving skills, an ability to think laterally and creatively to find solutions
- Financial awareness with the ability to manage budgets and identify areas for improvement;
- High IT literacy and a sound knowledge and experience of MS Office Packages
- Able to travel (UK and overseas) and stay overnight and/or at weekends when required;
- A Basic Disclosure check which will be conducted at the start of employment and then every two years.
- An interest in the engineering, science, and technology sectors
- Stakeholder management and working with volunteers
- Experience and understanding of publishing processes
- Event specific Health & Safety trained;
- Good working knowledge of current social media platforms.
- Budget Management
- Communication Skills
- Event Management
- Collaborative Work
- Stakeholder Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job