• Lead all expense management processes and activities including the monthly forecasts. Continuously look for new ways to improve predictability and accuracy to maximize the event financials.
• Act as point person and provide expense management assistance to the global team. This includes troubleshooting as well as new hire training and support.
• Understand the elements of an event that drive exceptional experiences. Identify funds for re-investment and work with the teams to build strong proposals to invest in line with the strategy.
• Build and manage budget creation timelines, templates and processes and provide analysis on expense changes. Maximize global event profit margins where applicable.
• Partner with other Gartner departments to optimize the event experience being provided to their audience, develop consistent financial processes and help them understand the budget impact when introducing changes to the program, attendees, or location etc.
• Implement and maintain globally consistent standards for all event expense management.
• Act as a liaison between Event Operations, Procurement and Corporate Finance. Communicate and collaborate with all parties to inspire confidence and ensure all needs are met.
• Provide exceptional project management including ownership and adherence of timelines and templates and accurately track and evaluate results on overall project goals
• Provide expense analysis and insight to leadership and ensure that all figures and data being reported are accurate.
• Travel to events to help support the Operations teams.
• Successful execution of budgeting and expense management best practices
• Flawless client experience
• Build and maintain excellent working relationships
• Outstanding operational effectiveness and results oriented (incl. scalable and consistent processes)
• Exceptional communication and collaboration
• Ability to multitask and stay ahead of deadlines
• Achievement of financial objectives
• Events teams including Corporate, Logistics, Sourcing, Exhibitor, and Program Management teams
• Gartner Finance and Procurement teams
• Business Units #L1-LM2
• 5+ years event operations experience
• Proven budget management abilities, including largescale event expense management
• Project management experience
• Contract negotiation and supplier management/review
• Proficient at using advanced excel skills in business environment
Key Competencies/ Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong budget/financial management skills in an events environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Fully competent in Microsoft office, with advanced Excel skills (ability to do pivot tables, formula generation, etc)
• Strong oral & written communication skills
• Detail oriented, analytical and solution driven
• High sense of urgency
• Decisive #L1-LM2
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job