Due to expansions and growth, we are seeking an Event Manager, part of full time, to support our events locally, nationally and across some of mainland Europe.
Working initially on a 6-month contract, we can offer a salary of up to £35k per annum, 25 days per annum, free parking and work place pension. We are flexible on the whether the successful Event Manager works 3 full days or 5 full days, 9am – 5pm when in the office with time of in lieu given for longer hours worked on event days.
We are an established event management company based in Reading, who specialise in the organisation and delivery of corporate events, conferences and award ceremonies.
As the Event Manager and working independently, you will have the responsibility for putting on a range of events. You’ll manage the whole process from the planning stage, right through to running the actual day itself.
We are looking for the following qualities in the successful candidate:
- Understanding of the key elements of event management and logistics
- Ability to handle operational matters and the personality to deal with issues which may arise with common sense and practicality
- Working with and managing temporary / agency staff
- Budget coordination
- Attending client and supplier meetings and having valuable input to discussions
- Travel and events will be required outside the “normal” working week so flexibility is essential
- Personal qualities
- Fits within the company’s values of loyalty, honesty, strong work ethics and passion
- Passionate about the events industry
- Passionate about customer service
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ordered and structured approach to working
- Excellent timekeeping
- Friendly and approachable
- Flexible to undertake all functions within a small team
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity in the Events sector on a full or part time basis, this could be the role for you.
Candidates need to be happy to travel to events locally and nationally and possibly some of Europe.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job