We're looking for an experienced Commercial Director / Event Director to join a leading business information, publishing and events group providing marketing and information solutions within high value professional and commercial market communities.
You'll need to be an experienced commercial events professional / events Sales Director or Event Director with a proven track record in delivering profitability and driving new revenue streams.
You'll be responsible for maximizing the revenue, profits and brand value of all revenues streams for the business. This includes establishing strategy, generating and maintaining budgets, people management, client relationship management in addition to leading sales and identifying new revenue streams.
- Setting and communicating commercial strategy and direction for event(s) and brands with general manager.
- Overseeing all commercial, operational and marketing activities relating to events for the brand.
- Ensuring profitability and smooth running of events.
- Acting as a positive, brand ambassador both internally and externally.
- Identifying gaps in the market and introducing solutions where profitable.
- Forecasting and setting annual budget with final approval from the Managing Director.
- Ensuring revenue streams are in-line with forecasts and budgets; and amending as necessary.
- Joint P&L ownership for all events and full revenue responsibility for stand sales and sponsorship.
- Ensuring a long-term brand building approach to events.
- Monitoring own events against competitors and industry opinions.
- Ensuring team structure facilitates commercial success and fulfilment of client requirements.
- Overseeing sales, marketing and operations for exhibitions.
- Managing and setting the process within the sales team, including reviewing performance (KPI’s) and identifying trends.
- Setting targets and commission structure with the Managing Director and communicating it to the team.
- Ensuring there are sufficient resources to achieve the agreed targets.
- Motivating and managing performance of team members.
- Support a positive and collaborative team environment, providing coaching and regular feedback to sales team.
- Leading planning and execution for key accounts across all relevant revenue types.
- Pro-actively identifying opportunities to offer integrated, cross media solutions with a partnership approach.
- Understanding market trends and developments to maximise sales opportunities.
- Understanding USP’s and benefits of own and competitor products.
- Obtaining regular feedback from clients, audience and industry.
- An established career history in senior commercial management of events or event portfolios, publishing or media
- Proven Sales and Event Managerial Experience.
- Strong financial acumen
- Good collaboration skills
Why this is a great opportunity:
- You'll be working for a giant in the events, publishing and information world. An award-winning business with huge international influence.
- The salary on offer is £65k plus 30% bonus
- Offices are based in Central London
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job