Event Coordinator - Conferences
Reporting to the Head of Events, the Event Coordinator will be responsible for the conception to completion, planning and delivery of a variety of high profile conferences and exhibitions for a leading Media events and publishing company’s most prominent brands.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end management of their full portfolio of events. This role will require dealing with colleagues, venues, sponsors, suppliers, speakers and delegates on a day-to-day basis. You will be responsible for the on-site management of the events, thus giving you hands-on experience of an exciting range of projects. You will also have the opportunity to attend event project meetings to see how events come together from start to finish and be instrumental in setting timelines and deadlines for the team.
The position is best-suited to a creative, self-motivated and confident individual who is ready to take the challenge, happy to work individually and as part of a team, able to travel, and who is willing to fully immerse themselves within our client’s event community. Experience in delivering conferences and/or exhibitions internationally will be an advantage.
- Schedule and manage all planning meetings for the events
- Budget management
- Full responsibility for event logistics, resulting in the delivery of high quality and profitable events
- Source and liaise with venues and suppliers
- Supplier contract management
- Liaise with and manage all event stakeholders
- Brief and delegate to a team of onsite events staff
- Post-event evaluation and de-brief
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- B2B event management experience preferable or a related degree
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to prioritise effectively and multi-task across a number of complex events
- Numerate and commercially aware
- Well-presented and articulate
- Reliable team player
- Willing to work unsocial hours as required
- Experience working internationally
- Passion for the job
- Able to outperform in a fast paced environment
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities.
We cover: media sales, digital media sales, print sales, exhibition sales, event sales, conference sales, outdoor sales, radio sales, marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next move.
- International Conferences
- Graduate Level
- International Events
- event coordinator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job