Event Co-coordinator - Part Time
Our client is a high-end children’s party and event company, specialising in childcare at weddings and corporate events. In 2018 they are expanding to deliver bigger events, enhancing their corporate offering, launching a product range, and focusing more on large weddings and parties.
They are running several events simultaneously with different teams, and are looking for an extremely organised, friendly and capable individual to manage bookings, suppliers, customer liason, staff booking, managing payments and responding to enquiries. They are looking for a pro active and flexible person who enjoys a varied role, can think on their feet and is very customer focused.
They are a very friendly small company, and this role can be flexible in terms of structure to suit the individual’s preferences and family responsibilities. They are keen to set this up in a way that works and is compatible with family life if relevant to the applicant.
Event Coordinator responsibilities
Event enquiries and bookings
- Be the first point of contact for phone and email enquiries regarding new bookings
- Be friendly, polite and able to use office to fill in booking forms/ attach brochures
- Manage the events diary- enquiries/ bookings/ staff etc, and the requirements of booking and managing several events over a weekend or at the same time
- Attend wedding fairs and events to help promote and sell services to brides/ wedding planners and venues
- Office admin - filing/ updating website/ organising payroll etc
Managing event staffing
- Working with the operations manager to ensure staff are booked in and updated on timings, venue details, plans for the day, and booking travel and accommodation when needed
- Brief staff on requirements for events, the plan, travel and ensure they are capable of getting there
- Making sure new staff are on our system with references/ dbs checks/ signed handbooks etc
- Making sure staff have uniforms for each event and that these are accounted for
Client liason/ payments
- Ensuring clients have paid deposits and balances on time
- Ensuring clients have seen our terms and conditions
- Contacting clients after events to thank them and ask for feedback
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience in events/ weddings; liasing with wedding planners, venues and clients in a professional and friendly manner to reflect the brand
- Is computer literate- spreadsheets/ word/ managing and developing new systems and procedures/ forms etc
- Is reliable, punctual and friendly
- Is pro-active and flexible- we are a small team and sometimes have all hands on deck making up party bags/ packing events/ picking up balloons etc
We would like to work with the right candidate to find the right hours and are very happy to be flexible to accommodate family life. We would ideally like to do 2 full days or 3 shorter days in the office covering 15 hrs/ week ( 9.30-5pm x 2 days or 9.30-2.30pm x 3 days) with a half hour lunch-break.
Ad hoc extra hours may be required and will be paid if ever needed at weekend events.
The job will include 4 weeks statutory holiday pay, and unpaid leave may be arranged in advance if needed to cover school holidays etc.
The remuneration for this role will be £20,000 pa pro rata.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"