Evening School Receptionist
Calling all Receptionists!
I'm currently recruiting for an experienced Receptionist for a prestigious school based in South East London.
The right candidate should be an efficient and personable. The successful candidate will provide support to the staff, pupils and visitors, thereby facilitating the smooth running of reception. The post holder should be computer literate with good switchboard skills, have a calm and approachable manner and provide support to the wider administration team.
• Answering the telephone, being first point of contact for incoming calls
• Operating the switchboard and re-directing callers as appropriate and taking and delivering telephone messages promptly
• Dealing with telephone requests for prospectuses and liaising with the Registrar to ensure correct details are recorded.
• Greeting visitors to the school, ensuring all visitors sign in, that proof of ID is shown and that they are given a visitor’s badge and informing appropriate members of staff of visitor’s arrival
• Receiving and despatching post; sort and frank outgoing mail; sort and distribute incoming mail to offices as appropriate; receive and sign for (if necessary) parcels and alert recipient; deal with registered post; deal with examination post
• Processing new swipe cards and distribute to staff and pupils, as needed.
• Recording requests for the maintenance/school keeping departments on an Excel spreadsheet and passing them on to the appropriate person
• Assisting with sick children when needed
• To be aware of various after school activities
• Carrying out basic clerical duties to assist Registrar or Headmistress’ PA from time to time, such as putting inserts into prospectuses, stuffing/addressing envelopes etc
• Prepared to undertake a 3 day First Aid at Work course to qualify as a First Aider
Monday to Friday – 5pm – 10pm
Please apply if you think you are suitable for the position!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'