We are looking for a European Sales Manager/Director with experience leading high performing sales teams within an Automotive/OEM/tier 1 OEM supplier environment.
Our client manufactures and markets its products and supply related services directly to business customers and end-consumers in over 60 countries, and to the rest of the world through local distributors. They are a market leading brand who succeed due to the strength of their product, services and, people.
The role covers a Northern European Geography and responsible for direct sales through in-country teams of sales & national key account managers. With a strategy to grow and develop presence within the market, world class account management and strategic prospecting is critical. You’ll be overseeing planning, execution and monitoring all aspects of the direct sales strategy within this Northern European Geography, ensuring the right level of resources are allocated to accounts and the capability of the team is aligned with current and future requirements. The role is a key member of the Leadership team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Set long term objectives for the Account portfolio to inform the Key Account Plans, and collaborate with all other functions to ensure plans are aligned and integrated to reflect relevant performance indicators for both the Key Account and the company.
- Co-develop (with other relevant functions/teams) a regional prospecting strategy, including allocation of time and resources in the area of responsibility, coordination and interpretation of market data, senior stakeholder and relationship management and tender/offer processes, which may cross over several territories and/or countries, as well as channels.
- assisting regionally/globally agreed prospecting and or on-boarding activities with Strategic Partners
- Coaching Sales Managers and National Key Account Managers on the implementation of the Key Account Plans and the Prospecting Strategy through joint visits and senior relationship management.
- Monitor aggregated Key Account Plans, and Prospecting Strategy implementation vs agreed Performance Indicators and make interventions as necessary.
- Understand and fulfil agreed specific Product Quality & Compliance accountabilities which apply to the role.
We are looking for a Commercial leader with the following experience:
- Experience of leading high performance teams.
- Extensive experience in a B2B management role
- Experience of working in a matrix organization with complex customer interfaces.
- Experience working with/for a Automotive OEM and/or a OEM tier 1 supplier
- Experience of managing negotiations at board level.
This role is based in Northern Europe, ideally France or Netherlands. The role involves 10-20% travel within Europe and, at times internationally. The role is rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package and fantastic prospects to further your career within this multi-national organisation.
Please call Ali on in the Pink Office for more details.
- Market Data
- Product Quality
- Strategy Implementation