A rare opportunity to join a successful and committed team at this large well know freight forwarder - established over 30 years.
The roles purpose is to lead the operations team of key accounts and oversee the day to day of the clients as well as looking after important accounts.
Services by the overland team provide direct full load, part load and groupage services to and from Europe, Russia, CIS/Middle East, Turkey and North Africa. Cargo is received continuously at the freight centres for daily departures by groupage and full load. Solutions include general cargo, temperature-controlled, garment logistics and project forwarding and cover some of the most demanding countries in Europe and surrounding regions.
The successful Team Leader will fulfil the following key responsibilities and tasks:-
• Managing a team of 4 people
• First point of escalation of operations (Road freight mainly from Turkey, but some other origins - Portugal, Italy, Spain, France, Netherlands, Greece)
• Responsible for overseeing the day to day of the team’s accounts operations
• Managing the clients expectations and finding solutions to suit the client’s needs when needed.
• Attending regular review meetings for each client
• Weekly conference calls with origin
• Working on site at the clients head office with SCM (supply chain management team) to build up relationships.
• Updating KPIs for clients.
• Responsible for daily operations for own accounts (including updating internal shipment tracking system)
• Being able to cover on operations when members of the team are out of the office.
• Invoicing - file closure
The successful candidate will have experience and skills in the European road freight sector, a desire to advance career wise or utilise excellent people Management skills and be able to evidence delivery of customer satisfaction, positive teamwork & strong relationships with clients.
- Road Transport
- European Markets
- Freight Forwarding