The External Sales Executive is responsible for developing new business opportunities aligned with the company strategy across all trades .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pro-actively generate new sales and achieve maximum profitability against mutually agreed sales targets by profiling potential new prospects;
- Ensure Trade Directors are fully informed on rate negotiations, service requirements and potential meetings when a high profile customer is evident;
- Provide new and existing customer reports ensuring that all sales activity is accurately reported and feedback on any barriers and market intelligence is delivered;
- Communicate new customer requirements through Standard Operating Procedures to ensure that all appropriate staff have access to the relevant information;
- Establish and maintain effective communication links with other business units to identify all potential sales opportunities;
- Keep accurate records by logging all sales visits on FCL;
- Maintain awareness of company products and of relevant sales techniques to ensure that the sales role is carried out in line with Company values;
- Research and analyse internal and external market information to enable the business units to identify opportunities and develop products and services which will support business objectives;
- Attend sales meetings and conferences as and when required;
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- Work with the Sales team to continually improve processes and business performance;
- Support changes in the role necessary to take the department and business forward; and
- Work to achieve personal objectives set at appraisal and/or those set monthly or quarterly.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Achieve agreed individual objectives and hit sales targets;
- Business Development
- european road