Our client now requires an experienced IT Support Manager to actively support the rollout and increasing adoption of a major, proprietary software suite, integral to an expanding service offering and product line within its European business.
As the IT Support Manager you will be be responsible for, but not limited to:
- supporting the rollout of the software application across the market regions in line with strategy
- becoming an expert in the software application and supporting a relevant training programme
- being the first line of technical support for EMEA region and the primary contact for the software development team in the USA
- understanding related technical support tools, managing all calls and tickets in a timely and consistent manner
- managing and coordinating any technical aspects required to start up new regions or countries in the application, guarantee business continuity for regions in production and launch new releases, implement upgrades or other maintenance tasks
- co-ordinating any relevant activities, tasks or requirements with the EMEA IT team
- responsibility for testing new features in the application
- managing and coordinating third-party software providers supporting the implementation and/or collateral projects
- contributing to the consolidation of the knowledge database for the software application
The organisation has sites throughout Europe so candidates can be located near to any of their main European hubs to fulfil this role.
Ideally of graduate standard, preferably from within an IT, electronic or engineering based discipline, candidates will also be required to demonstrate that they have:
- at least 3 years previous experience in an IT focused technical/ customer support role
- previous experience of implementing an effective IT support function around specific software applications
- developed solid project management and problem solving skills with a close attention to detail and a strong commitment of working to deadlines
- experience of working on a pan-European / international business basis
Candidates should also be:
- organised, analytical and results driven, with a strong commitment to success
- a hands-on type individual, who demonstrates initiative and has a positive, professional, "can-do" attitude
- able to communicate, motivate and influence at the highest level
European language skills would be a benefit in this role but are not essential.
This role will require frequent travel throughout Europe to support the business in this function.
- Project Management
- Proprietary Software
- Technical Support
- European Experience