At Saint-Gobain we design, manufacture and distribute materials which are key components in our wellbeing and future using our innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial community to improve the world for tomorrow.
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is one of seven businesses within the Innovative Materials sector which is spearheading the advancement of innovation within the Group. Performance Plastics is a recognised leader in the advanced polymer technology market with state of the art manufacturing and research and development facilities around the world.
Through close partnerships with our business leaders, our team works to support achievement of business goals while emphasising our values of accountability, trust, initiative, respect and support.
About the job
We have an excellent opportunity for a European Information Systems Manager to join our Performance Plastics business. The jobholder will manage a team of Business System analysts in implementing business process solutions that support the development of IT systems to achieve strategic business goals. This will be achieved by means of a strategic project plan for manufacturing and supply chain systems and digital transformation using QAD ERP and non-ERP systems.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide direct leadership for the team of business analysts, including hire and retaining of staff, facilitating training and development, providing guidance and coaching, completing performance evaluations on schedule and working with Human Resources to conduct organisational policies and procedures.
- Participate/lead project management teams to design, develop, test, document, and deploy system integrations focused in Europe but coordinated on a global, multi-site basis throughout Saint-Gobain PPL businesses.
- Evaluate ongoing user requests, establishing and shifting priorities based on multiple considerations, and demands, clearly articulating and documenting business requirements.
- Lead the implementation of Manufacturing and Supply Chain Maturity Execution Systems across sites in Europe including process flow of systems for sales, finance, manufacturing/inventory, shared services, continuing to support sites after implementation.
- Work with business management to define, develop and implement Digital tools to transform customer experience, automate processes and exploit information.
Location for this position is open, although access to an airport with good European connects is important.
For this role it is essential that you have
- Bachelor's desgree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field - Masters desgree desirable
- Significant IT management experience, including managing technical teams
- Prior experience with QAD, ERP systems and Progress software
- Strong project management skills, including ability to set and adhere to project plans, meet deadlines, prioritise work, delegate and follow-up and manage expectations
- Ability to lead requirement gathering, systems design, and coordinate development and testing efforts required for projects
- Ability to understand and analyse complex systems and data
- Ability to partner, build and manage relationships with external and internal customers
What we can offer you
In affition to a salary in the range of £65-70k pa you will have access to a great range of benefis and discounts from childcare vouchers to retirement savings.
How can I apply?
Please upload your CV to and we will be in touch to let you know the next steps. No agencies please.
Job Opening ID: 552615
(Date of post 22/02/2018)