A Freight Forwarding & Logistics Company in North Yorkshire are seeking a Traffic Operator for their European Roadfreight Department, handling import and export operations.
Duties will include:
- Reporting to the Traffic Manager
- To control day to day groupage services (import/export)
- To support the day to day running of the European Operation.
- Liaise and communicate with European agents.
- To service customer requirements promptly and accurately.
- To communicate with customers promptly and ensure that they are kept informed on the progress of their delivery.
- To supervise the prompt and accurate invoicing and ensure that the department records all paperwork accurately.
- To ensure that the department is commercially aware to enable the quotation and negotiation of rates with customers and agents.
- To deal with and respond to complaints, queries and incidents
- In times of shortages the European Department can be proactive in chasing customers for business.
- At all times be proactive in the development of the company's European groupage services.
Experience and skills required
- European Roadfreight groupage operations experience
- Freight Forwarding knowledge
- Knowledge of various markets and services would be an advantage
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- IT skills.
Salary up to c£25k depending on experience, plus further benefits.
If you wish to apply, please contact the shipping team of Flame Recruit Limited quoting reference 2230
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job