For over 50 years Europa has been providing a trusted service with a dedicated team across the UK and beyond who all have a "passion for logistics." Specialising in Road, Air & Sea, Showfreight and Warehouse services, we are a strong team of over 650 on 12 sites across the UK and Hong Kong.
We are currently recruiting for a European Operator to join our Road team based at our Dartford office.
Working within one of our four Operations teams with responsibility for services to and from the Continent. The successful candidate will be the primary contact for the network partner, controlling consignments from the UK and ensuring the Europa business is operated in the most cost effective manner and delivered to the customers' expectations
Key responsibilities include,
- Running structured European services
- First point of contact for Europa branch network and overseas partners
- Controlling the arrival of cargo into the hub ensuring the freight is available to be delivered on time
- Arranging deliveries with customers and Partners (Import)
- Communicating with Customers (external and internal) and Partners
- Understanding the financials of the service and find more profitable means to operate and making the optimum commercial decisions to reduce real cost
- Looking for cost saving with COTs / DOTs and routing options -Maximising operating efficiency
- Planning of groupage departures (export)
- Ensuring the product functions correctly and works to deliver up the required service level
You should have a good standard of education (ideally 5+ GCSE / CSE graded C or above), be competent with your IT skills with good knowledge on Word, Excel & Outlook, and above all be confident and polite on the phone
The successful candidate must have at least 2 years office based experience, and preference will be given to applications from a roadfreight background.
If you have the above experience and thrive in a busy environment within a fantastic company that rewards hard work, then we would love to hear from you.
Please apply online.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job