Our client, a Freight Forwarder based in Tilbury is looking for a European Export Operator to join their busy team.
European operator - to mainly deal with exports to Germany, liaising with suppliers and partners to deliver a high level of service to our clients so their expectations are met and where possible exceeded. Extensive knowledge of European Groupage trailers/part load and vehicle planning essential. Ideally have good geographical knowledge of Germany.
- Maintain and develop relationships with customer.
- To meet deadlines/requirements as per client requests.
- Monitor supplier performance.
- Good file management and attention to detail.
- Prepare quotations in accordance with client’s request.
- Booking vehicles with subcontractors in accordance with requirement
- Complete required consignment documentation.
- Complete Customs documents for 3rd Country transits (EX1)
- Knowledge of Import / Export customs procedures for non EC cargo
- Be able to calculate load space required
- Charging of own files
- Assisting colleagues during staff absences / holidays
- Excellent communication verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness - right service provider for task/job.
- Positive, "can do" attitude
- Experienced with Microsoft Office packages e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- On time delivery focused.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
- Attention to detail
- Strong team ethic and share knowledge
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am - 5:30pm.
The successful candidate will receive a salary up to £30,000 depending on experience.
- European Markets