Our client a global financial services company has an opening for a Informatica ETL Technical Lead to join their growing company.
Within this team our client facilitate over £50b of payment and collections each year which flow through their financial reporting. They provision customer, policy and transaction data supporting valuation, accounting and business MI.
- Bringing together and driving solutions for Finance Systems and Data Warehousing across the UK Businesses.
- Driving platform stability, integrity and security for their customers through robust operational discipline.
- Ensuring that platform change and engagement is simple, fast and cost effective by building world class engineering capability, enabling us to Defy uncertainty for our customers at pace.
- Ensuring that the platforms remain highly competitive and cost optimised by driving simplification in all aspects, strong partnerships and a culture of innovation and agile working.
- Support business units with the implementation of the data strategy, supporting consolidation of data whilst enabling self-service.
- Key systems owned and managed by this area include Oracle eBusiness suite, Banking & Payment systems, Life and GI Data Warehouses as well as modelling systems like Prophet and ALgo.
The Successful Candidate:
The successful candidate will be an Informatica Technical Lead / Lead Developer who is an ETL and data warehouse (DW|) specialist (primarily in Informatica Power Centre, Web Analyst, Developer (DVO) that designs, develops, maintains ETL and data warehouse solutions in collaboration with our clients key business customers and stakeholder (Actuarial) on the Life Data & MI Platform.
You will be commercially aware technical expert, who is business facing and can influence and interpret a high level requirement into a low level technical solution and then develop an ETL solution to meet that requirement efficiently.
- Skilled in the use of all Informatica tooling, including Power Centre, Web Analyst, Developer, Data Validation Option (DVO) and Metadata Manager.
- Good verbal and written communication skills enabling effective interaction with both IT and Business stakeholders.
- Organised (work management of self and others) an self- motivated.
- Ability to assimilate technical and business information and to help translate these into practical solutions.
- Ability to positively challenge existing and proposed solutions and present designs and ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Excellent understanding of Data Warehouse methodologies.
- Familiarity with software solution development lifecycles.
- Some commercial awareness of financial service industry and processes - Actuarial being a strong advantage.
Our client offers:
- Competitive salary with generous pension.
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy / sell up to 5 additional days.
- Flexible benefits scheme.
- Great opportunity for career growth.
- Data Warehousing
- Lead Developer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job