ETIG - Senior Programme Manager
CooperVision®, Inc., a unit of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE: COO), is one of the world's leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. The Company produces a full array of monthly, two-week and daily disposable contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges; such as astigmatism, presbyopia and ocular dryness; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available.
Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, thereby creating real advantages for customers and wearers.
From our extensive network of facilities in 12 countries across five continents, CooperVision distributes high-quality lenses virtually everywhere contact lenses are worn.
JOB TITLE: Senior Programme Manager
DEPARTMENT: ETIG - European Technical Innovations Group
WORKING PATTERN: Monday to Friday
- To support the ETIG Director in the creation and maintenance of a coordinated overall portfolio of projects.
- Responsible for the delivery of the agreed portfolio of projects, including the provision of operational direction and support to the individual Project Managers and Project Leaders, assigned to the projects.
- Recognised in their own right as an SME on Project Governance Systems and Processes
- Manage and develop Project Managers and Technical Engineers using the Performance Management suite of tools and templates.
- As a Senior Manager you will provide support to ensure planning and implementing a continuous improvement activity within the ETIG group to ensure year on year performance improvement is achieved.
- Operate within a Senior Management team to provide strategic direction for the ETIG group
Managing the customer
- Liaise effectively with other departments, R&D, UK Manufacturing, Ashford Solutions and Budapest Manufacturing, and Life Cycle Management to ensure an effective and coordinated portfolio of projects exists.
- Establish and maintain internal customer relationships through regular stakeholder meetings and 121’s to ensure our customer and ETIG share a common focus and positive perception.
- Monitor and review with the internal customer, progress against plan to effectively manage specification changes which ensure that delivery objectives are met.
- Demonstrate technical credibility to internal customers and ensure technical issues are resolved promptly and satisfactorily.
- Work with other departmental managers to negotiate, agree and formulize business case to maximize profitability.
- Ensure a strong network across the European sites thus ensuring a one team / one company approach.
- Monitor and safeguard commercial viability of the projects.
- Ensure that the portfolio of projects are delivered to agreed time, quality and cost criteria.
- Monitor and safeguard overall portfolio of projects.
- Assist in development of, and monitor the ETIG CAPEX budgets.
- Work together with the ETIG Senior Management team to establish projects and allocate project resources. Coordinating the operational delivery of all of the projects within his/her portfolio.
- Ensure the Project Governance process is adhered to and updated with the latest practices.
- Liaise with the internal customer and Project Managers/ Project leaders to develop detailed project requirements and a detailed project plan which is agreed and meets the customer’s requirements.
- Identify resource requirements with Project Managers/ Project leaders to ensure project time line and quality is not compromised.
Work with Senior Management and team to exploit new technologies.
Represent ETIG as LCM Technical Team UKM Sponsor on all Life Cycle Management and New Product Introduction teams
- Assist Purchasing colleagues in contract negotiations to meet specific project requirements and ensure adherence.
- To manage effective vendor relationships to ensure timely supply at optimum quality and cost, as needed.
- Support the team in the selection of new vendors.
Managing the people resource
- Coach, develop, motivate and manage your direct reports and project team members to ensure optimal performance is achieved.
- Generate and maintain overall resource plan enabling optimum use of ETIG resources across the project portfolio reflecting business priorities
- Manage complex multi-discipline, multi-cultural, and or multi-national teams to maximize performance.
- Mentor project management resources including support for personal development plans; to ensure that project management resources of the right quality are available to be able to deliver the planned projects.
- Delivery of projects within the assigned portfolio in an agreed schedule.
- Number of project milestones planned for achievement compared to number achieved on or ahead of schedule.
- Development lead-time - elapsed time for project, planned versus actual (baseline project).
- Delivery of projects within the assigned portfolio to an agreed budget.
- Work with Project Managers/Project leaders to ensure the true cost benefits are known, presented and managed throughout project life cycle.
- Project cost models to be prepared and managed with regular reviews of forecast versus actual.
- Delivery of projects within the assigned portfolio to an agreed quality.
- Work with Project team to ensure conformance with primary process objectives, defined in the BRS, URS and acceptance documentation.
- Project resource utilization, planned versus actual.
- Project team briefings, frequency and quality.
- Customer satisfaction throughout project life cycle.
- Project team satisfaction.
- Maintenance of visible project measures of performance.
- Program phases and gates reviews are lead effectively, efficiently and add value
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIESExcellent project management and organizationa
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'