SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
We have an excellent new opportunity for an Ethical / Social Auditor to join our global organisation. The main purpose of the role will be to audit UK facilities as required by major key local and international clients against a variety of social and technical audit protocols, ensuring working practices are implemented locally in accordance with documented procedures.
* Act as lead social auditor and lead technical auditor on selected schemes, achieving an agreed personal chargeability target.
* Undertake desk top reviews of self-assessment forms and corrective action plans
* Ensure profitable delivery of local contracts, pursuing low cost solutions at all times
* Promote the SGS approach and services at seminars and through presentations and articles
* Provide technical input to sales activities as required. This can include contributing to proposals and tenders, sales visits (with sales staff), seminars, exhibitions, drafting promotional material, etc
* Provide technical advice to clients as requested and ensure that the true value of this advice is re-charged to clients wherever possible
* Training and monitoring of SGS auditors in accordance with documented SAS Global Procedures; witnessed audits to ensure that competence is maintained.
* Undertake technical review of reports.
* Cross-train to other audit protocols as required.
* Active Development of relationships through existing networks and contacts. Remain up-to-date with current thinking and client expectations in this field; establish and maintain a network of NGO and related contacts; attend public and client-led conferences
* Provide expert advice to the wider team through provision and support of country legal summaries
* Ensure that employed and freelance auditors are following procedures through a programme of witnessed audits
* Assist in training and witnessing of auditors
BENEFITS AT SGS
A competitive base salary is on offer, plus a performance based bonus scheme, plus an excellent benefits package offering discount schemes, private health cover, life cover, and a contributory stakeholder pension scheme.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
* Qualified social auditor meeting requirements in terms of education, training and experience
* Professional experience of Corporate Social Responsibility activities
* Recognised Social Auditor training, SA8000 Lead Auditor Qualified
* Experience of working across international boundaries
* Experience of working under own initiative and in planning and prioritising workloads
* Detailed knowledge of Corporate Social Responsibility Services and supply chain issues
* Effective interpersonal skills, able to develop good working relationships with people at all levels
* Recognised sign-off (under client-specific scheme) as second-party auditor, or training to achieve such sign-off
* IT literate, competent in the use of MS Office applications, plus capable of learning bespoke SGS systems
* Educated to degree-level
* ISO9001 Lead Auditor Qualified
* Already cross-trained for environmental, technical or C-TPAT audits
* Health and Safety NEBOSH qualified
* Experience of project management (desirable)
* Experience of team management/leadership (desirable)
* Third-party auditor, or training to achieve such qualification
* Health and Safety qualification e.g. NEBOSH