Our client a well renowned manufacturer in their sector with sites across the UK and Northern Ireland is seeking to appoint an Ethical Resourcing Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting role where you will make a difference to people’s lives and livelihoods every day by ensuring all workers on different sites and in supply chain are treated fairly and prevent any form of labour exploitation within the supply chain in accordance with company Ethical Sourcing Policy.
- Responsible for ensuring all sites comply with ethical audit requirements
- Ensure all site HR and HSE teams are up to date with SEDEX/customer requirements and code changes
- Responsible for the delivery of the ethical sourcing strategy
- Map supply chain, assess risk and prioritise activity.
- Acting as the knowledge expert on responsible sourcing matters to ensure individual buying categories integrate responsible buying criteria into their sourcing decisions.
- Communicating the progress of the ethical sourcing strategy effectively both internally and externally, through Tier 1 suppliers and below down to farmers
- Building and managing relationships with suppliers (of all Tiers) to ensure that the principles of ethical sourcing are integrated throughout the supply base.
- Responsible for ensuring the business is abreast of current social risks and challenges within the supply chain and is actively engaged with appropriate third-party stakeholders to effectively address these issues.
- Leading on the implementation and compliance with UK Modern Slavery legislation.
- Managing and guiding 3rd party factory assessment partners to ensure sourcing risks are adequately identified and addressed.
- Manage suppliers membership of SEDEX, track 3rd party audits on SEDEX and ensure proactive clearance of non-conformances
- For suppliers on SEDEX implement and manage a process and records that fulfils the purpose of the role
- Maintain good ethical sourcing practices with suppliers in the UK and abroad
- Assessing, advising and implementing appropriate measures & plans to ensure an effective and ethical supply chain, identifying audit requirements, and professionally representing the business to all parties
- To data record all activity, progress and produce regular reports.
- Liaise with both internal customers (procurement/HR/technical) and external customers (retailers etc.).
- With the procurement team communicate to new suppliers company procedures, gaining commitment.
- Ensure a programme of education is delivered to 'farms’ and other suppliers where appropriate to ensure they comply with legislation/best practices and do not put the brand and customers at risk.
- Keeping procedures up to date, practical and achievable
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A good understanding of ethical principles, SEDEX, Customer expectations
- Good understanding of basic employment law
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and competent user of IT systems.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written - with internal and external customers
- Presentation skills
- High attention to detail with ability to produce accurate work
- Ability to be a confident, forward thinker
- Self-motivated, team player and flexible in response to business needs
- Will need to work autonomously
- Good persuasion skills and persistence will be required
- Flexibility to travel - UK and world wide
- Generalist HR and or Responsible Sourcing experience within a manufacturing/FMCG environment
- Degree qualified preferable
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, company car /or car allowance, annual bonus, pension and other great benefits. Please apply in confidence to find out more!
Your details will be reviewed by one of our Recruitment Partners and we will contact you again within 5 working days if your application is to be progressed further.
- Health Safety
- Human Resources
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'