We have the pleasure of recruiting an Estimator to join our Capital (planned and refurbishment based works) product and be a key contributor in achieving our company strategy.
At Ian Williams, we take pride in delivering a quality service to our clients. How? By ensuring that when we tender, estimate and collaborate with a client, we are open, honest and considered.
This is an exciting time to be joining Ian Williams and the Capital product, as we continue our drive and desire to grow, securing our position within new sectors, and this position will offer the opportunity to influence and drive forward the long-term success for the business and a chance to make real commercial impact from the start.
- Be part of our company profit share scheme
- This role can be delivered with a hybrid approach to working; home and office based
- Company car and outstanding private mileage scheme
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 7%
- 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less, so buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days per year
- We want our employees to have a well-balanced work/ life balance, therefore flexible working patterns would be considered.
- Access to an employee assistance program to support employee’s health and wellbeing
The Estimator role:
- Measuring and preparing cost estimates for contracts and tenders, within the social housing, residential property, retirement living and consultancy sectors, but not exclusive to
- Manage pricing of multiple tenders concurrently to ensure we are maximising business wins and profitability across the product
- Support and empower Capital business units with their tenders- advising and consulting to ensure they are successful
- Ensure surveying disciplines are followed across the Capital product and work is priced in line with the company agreed profit return level
- Monitor and feedback on the performance of estimates where the company is successful/unsuccessful and contribute to creating solutions
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleagues, customers, subcontractors and suppliers to establish an accurate cost base
What will you bring as an Estimator:
- Proven experience in a similar estimating or commercial role. Within the construction or property services industry, would be advantageous.
- Proven track record of tendering and estimating for contract values of between £250k to £5m works
- You will be able to demonstrate your ability to influence on cost price decisions, and nurture to build confidence in those, to make decisions.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with key eye for identifying business opportunities and developing key existing relationships.
- You will be analytical, organised and honest as well as being a genuine 'people person’ who relishes in communicating effectively with their clients, trade teams and immediate colleagues fostering a real 'working together’ environment.
Additional Benefits include:
- Annual pay reviews
- Medical and life insurance
- Enhanced maternity/ paternity pay
- Training and development opportunities
- Trade discounts from our preferred suppliers for you and your friends and family
- Specsavers vouchers
- For information on all other additional benefits we do, to enhance your work/life balance please visit our website
If you think you have what it takes to become our Estimator, then click "Apply" now!
About Ian Williams Ltd:
Discover more, not just from our website but through our Facebook, LinkedIn, Indeed and Glassdoor pages.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Ian Williams—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity and all other characteristics that make us different.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at our website.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'