Our client, a provider of Thermal Solutions, are looking for an experienced Estimator to join their commercial team in a technical capacity. Their core markets including Oil and Gas, Power Generation & Defense.
The Estimator function is a key role within the business, the key deliverables are the timely completion of engineering estimates to understand the underlying costs of the manufacture of Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers and other products/services, from thermal design to shipping.
The Estimator will work with the Key Account Management team to provide accurate estimates for projects that will include heat exchangers, fabrications and machine work.
You will need to be able to:
- Interpret customers' requirements from drawings, datasheets and specifications
- Liaise with material and sub-contract service suppliers to determine best external costs.
- Prepare detailed quotations for new and existing clients.
- Liaise with customers and follow up of potential sales, working closely with the Head of Key Account Management.
- Follow external regulatory requirements (including ASME VIII, PD5500, TEMA, API660 & API661, amongst others).
- Experience of working in a small team to help deliver on goals and objectives
- HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- 3 years HVAC design experience
- A background in a related technical role such as Estimator, Mechanical Engineer or Welder/Plater.
- Excellent numerical and IT skills.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Strong communication skills with customers and colleagues at all levels of the company.
- Ability to manage own work load and work under pressure in a busy environment.
Preferred but not essential:
- 3 years' experience in heat exchanger / pressure vessel estimation
- Understanding of TEMA and ASME VIII Div.1
- Thermal design experience, utilizing HTRI.
- Knowledge of API661
- 2 years' experience of Weld Fabrications and Machining of components
- Customer facing experience
- Use of CRM type software
The role is mainly office-based but there may be requirement to attend customer sites from time to time.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to be able to pass a site security check, which will normally require you to have been resident in the UK for at least 3 years.
Candidates will also need to have passed UK BPSS clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level.
This position qualifies for the company's discretionary bonus scheme.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'