Estimator, St Albans, Hertfordshire
Our client are a family owned and run building contractor based close to St Albans, Hertfordshire who specialise in both commercial and residential refurbishment as well as new builds throughout Herts, Beds, Bucks and London.
Due to growth they are currently seeking an Estimator or a strong Assistant Estimator to join their team
The successful candidate will be key to the business and work closely with the directors. Your input will have a substantial impact on the company and its future growth and so a driven and innovative personality is crucial.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a hugely successful construction company. They have a solid client base and great working relationships, built upon their ethos to work with clients to achieve the best results. Clients call them to ask them to work on their schemes
You will be working on a range of interesting / bespoke projects - largely refurbishment with new build elements
Our client has been founded over 40 years and are growing. This is an exciting time to join and be part of their expansion
The role (Estimator / Assistant Estimator)
• Pricing a wide range of works from minor works to projects up to a value of £1.5m
• Preparing quotations, budgets and tender returns.
• Researching material costs, purchasing, and making savings where possible
• Negotiating terms and costs with sub-contractor’s, as well as their appointment.
• Tracking of live project costs, variations and producing reports
• Preparing interim valuations
• Working with clients, architects and surveyors throughout projects, attending meetings and networking.
• Previous construction estimating experience gained in the UK
• Highly numeracy ability with intermediate/advanced excel
• Experience in estimating software
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Organised, able to meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonally and client facing
• Effective negotiation skills
• Valid UK driving licence
Working hours 8-5
Estimator / Assistant Estimator / Hertfordshire / Bedfordshire / Buckinghamshire / Estimating / Construction / Vacancies
- Quantity Surveying
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'