Our client, a leading brand in office design and refurbishment, is seeking a Estimator to join their projects team.
Reporting to the Project Director, the estimator is primarily an office based role where the employee will provide day to day support to the Projects Director and the sales team on various elements within the company’s sales / projects based activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The estimator performs a wide range of duties as listed below. Once an enquiry is received, the estimator would be expected to carry-out these duties as necessary.
Specific: Estimating Stage
- Log the enquiry on the database and set up the project enquiry file.
- Set up the estimate Excel spreadsheet and the tabs associated with the requirements of the survey.
- Analyse and familiarise yourself with the survey notes and drawings.
- Decide how best to present the information to the client.
- Initiate any additional design works as necessary - i.e. 3D renders, mood boards, alternative layouts.
- Send out enquiries for prices for brought in services / trades. These packages could include further design information and some specification writing.
- Build up labour and materials costs in the Excel spreadsheet in order to bring together the schedule of costs.
- Produce the 'Schedule of Works’ document that will eventually be present to the client.
- Some more minor quotations may be issued via email.
- Complete final checks on all works prior to issuing to the client or sales team for presentation.
- Update the estimating workload sheet to track current workload and performance.
- Update the quote bank with all necessary data from the estimate.
- Chase up live quotations and update the quote bank.
- Complete revised quotations as necessary.
- Keep a detailed log of discussions with all parties throughout the estimating process.
- From time to time the estimator may be required to provide pricing support to the projects team for contract variations.
Specific: Pre Contract
- Work with the sales team to develop the finishes schedule and ensure the design is finalised prior to issuing to the project department.
- At this point the finishes chosen should be cross-checked against the costs confirmed.
- Book the estimate into the projects system and conduct a handover meeting with the project team and sales team as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of fit-out and refurbishment industry.
- Experience in the commercial interiors sector.
- Product knowledge within the sector.
- Excellent communication skills across all elements of the sector. i.e. sub-contractors, suppliers, customers.
- Ability to work alone, schedule own workload and prioritise as necessary.
- Basic knowledge of CDM regulations and Building Regulations.
- MS Excel (Essential), MS Word, MS Outlook and AutoCAD Viewer
- Estimators usually work in an office environment.
- Some site visits may be necessary from time to time so own transport will be required.
- Standard working week with hours nominally expected to be 8.30am to 5.30pm, with an hour for lunch.
- Dress code is expected to be smart office attire.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"